Vainglory Forums

Oh Petal, Where art thou?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by FederalMafia » June 2, 2015 5:45pm | Report
So, is Petal relegated to the dust heaps of the lower skill tiers? I used to love playing Petal when I first started, but in the higher tiers there is no place for this once beloved hero? Am I missing something? Joule received a much needed revamping and I'm hoping that there is one in the works for Petal. Are there some players out there that are successfully playing Petal at Hotness and above? I've been trying to think of a way to increase this hero's viability, anyone have any thoughts?
[*] IGN - FederalMafia (NA)

"When I'm in command, every mission is a suicide mission."

FederalMafia
Notable (7)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BlottoBrah » June 4, 2015 4:23am | Report
I'd like to know this too since Petal is my go-to laner. IIRC, the past updates nerfed his munions and his attack speed. Lately can't seem to get him ramped up in games.
IGN: BlottoBrah
Karma Level: 19
Region: NA

BlottoBrah
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » June 4, 2015 4:16pm | Report
I'm seeing no petals in simply amazing. Been here for a while and I remember when everybody used to use her- along with adagio- but then they were both nerfed. She isn't horrible, but she really can't keep up with a good Vox, ringo, joule, etc. In upper skill tiers, most players flock to what's best, & she's mediocre, so yeah. :( hopefully she gets a boost- nothing that makes her too strong like she used to be (breaking point petal was unstoppable), but something that puts her at the same level as the other lane characters. Till then, she'll be stuck with adagio and saw and whoever else in the unused hero section :(
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by FederalMafia » June 4, 2015 8:26pm | Report
It is difficult enough to keep her munions alive, with all of the AOE attacks that heroes seem to have nowadays. Constantly planting and raising the munions takes a toll on the Crystal in long sustained fights. Joules Rocket Leap, Saw's Suppressing Fire, Glaive's Bloodsong, Vox's Resonance, Celeste's Core Collapse, Kasha's Twirl, Skaarf's...well...all of his abilities, they make it a constant chore to replenish munions. I'm not saying that this is unfair, but perhaps make the cooldown and/or crystal cost lower for Bramblethorn Seeds and Yay,Pets!?

With the latest "patch" that has nerved health items, it makes it even harder to strike a balance between offense and survivability. I do realize that the boots got more health, but Crucible and Shiversteel have become less attractive for the Gold due to the lower health benefits. I am hoping that there is a few players out there that have had some success to give me some hope. I'm going to use an alt account to go experiment with it.

So if they WERE going to fix Petal, HOW would they do it? Is there just a build out there no one has figured out yet? I'm going to remain optimistic and hopefully someone has some thoughts....

FederalMafia
Notable (7)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » June 4, 2015 9:27pm | Report
FederalMafia wrote:

It is difficult enough to keep her munions alive, with all of the AOE attacks that heroes seem to have nowadays. Constantly planting and raising the munions takes a toll on the Crystal in long sustained fights. Joules Rocket Leap, Saw's Suppressing Fire, Glaive's Bloodsong, Vox's Resonance, Celeste's Core Collapse, Kasha's Twirl, Skaarf's...well...all of his abilities, they make it a constant chore to replenish munions. I'm not saying that this is unfair, but perhaps make the cooldown and/or crystal cost lower for Bramblethorn Seeds and Yay,Pets!?

With the latest "patch" that has nerved health items, it makes it even harder to strike a balance between offense and survivability. I do realize that the boots got more health, but Crucible and Shiversteel have become less attractive for the Gold due to the lower health benefits. I am hoping that there is a few players out there that have had some success to give me some hope. I'm going to use an alt account to go experiment with it.

So if they WERE going to fix Petal, HOW would they do it? Is there just a build out there no one has figured out yet? I'm going to remain optimistic and hopefully someone has some thoughts....

Very accurate post!
The solution would either have to hype up crystal petal or WP petal. She was designed to be crystal, so I'd suggest a boost to her crystal side and her heroic perk.
Stronger munions that have more health, and then a higher crystal ratio seems good to me. The munions would last longer, and crystal builds would have a more secure damage output when petal players would begin to throw on frost burns and so on. Eye of harvest could be used for survivability if these changes took place (munion damage would give her health). Because the munions and her abilities would have better crystal ratios, WP petal wouldn't be OP from this; the benefit would be limited and controlled by crystal petal ratios.
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by FederalMafia » June 4, 2015 10:27pm | Report
Bootylicious wrote:

The solution would either have to hype up crystal petal or WP petal. She was designed to be crystal, so I'd suggest a boost to her crystal side and her heroic perk.
Stronger munions that have more health, and then a higher crystal ratio seems good to me. The munions would last longer, and crystal builds would have a more secure damage output when petal players would begin to throw on frost burns and so on.

I can see that working. How about if passive health items would also apply to munions? Not to the full effect that it has on Petal, but scaled? Items like Lifespring or Dragonheart would apply 20% health to munions and also allow for the munions to regenerate when not in combat? Allow healing from Fountain of Renewal or Potions to also heal munions? If it were allowed for Petal's munions to be "upgraded" by passive item perks, maybe not the offensive items since that is already addressed with her crystal abilities, that would allow Petal to actually get some use from her pets on a map full of explosions, gunfire and swirling axes.

FederalMafia
Notable (7)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved