Vainglory Forums

Players abandoning the match

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by felipedrumond » October 14, 2015 11:25pm | Report
I have been facing a major problem with players abandoning the match. More than 50% of the matches I play, some player abandon or just stay at the base. Reporting those users doesn't seem to solve the problem, as this problem is each time worse!

Is there any way to avoid such problem? Or should I stop playing Vain Glory?!

If you are a supportive player who plays as a real team player, feel free to add and invite me to play. My user name is felipedrumond.

Cheers

felipedrumond
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » October 22, 2015 1:24pm | Report
If you are not a developer or part of the SEMC staff then there isn't really much you can do besides forming a party with good players or ranking up. As you rank up trolls, unskilled players, and AFKs will start to disappear as people become more serious about winning.

For now i suggest you play casual until the compression is over. It's better to not drop down lower and make it harder to climb back up.
Current Tier - The Hotness Bronze

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/recruitment
I had trouble finding it at first too :)

And I swear it's not a RickRoll(or is it???)
And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by anthilltaco » October 22, 2015 1:48pm | Report
I will not lie I have had to abandon matches before and I'm not proud of it but I never abandon just because I'm losing and its really only once in a blue moon that I actually do. this is simply because I have other things to do like today I had to quit bc I had to go to an assembly that I didn't even know about otherwise I wouldn't have even started a match. However this is just me I try very hard to not abandon while others not so much. I'm not saying everyone does but I'm pretty sure a fair amount just leave to troll or bc they're doing bad. and all I can say is do just like veneticius said. I don't party up but I'm considering it at this point. and honestly it sounds way better than soloq
Why fix a game when you could just make it completely broken?

anthilltaco
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by blade430 » October 23, 2015 8:02am | Report
The reason this happens is because (if I had to guess) that VG has some people who don't grasp that afk is not okay. And if I had to guess again, it would be because rage quit. The real sad part is that there is more afks in VG than LOL. And if you play LoL, you'll know what I'm talking about.....

blade430
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by EXXCLUSIVE » October 23, 2015 7:51pm | Report
Have faith and play to always win. Though it may seem depressing at times but reward those and punish those at the end of matches. Sometimes I can get up next day and see the message of Justice being served to the player who was reported for toxic behavior. Also remember you have a friends list in game. I am sure you have reliable people you can connect with in that list. All it takes is communication. Don't give up... I have been there done that and still going through it but its wasted energy. As you play you will grow and eventually you will be able to help someone who is going through what you are going through right now. Have fun.
MY IGN - EXXCLUSIVE

GUILD: SENTINEL DRAGONS
TEAM: SENTINEL DRAGONS DYNASTY RED

RANK - Doesn't matter when it is Skill that counts

EXXCLUSIVE
Notable (14)
Quote | PM | +Rep by KuntFu » October 29, 2015 5:18am | Report
Best thing to do is make sure you got a team for ranked or just go casual. Like what was said already, when you rank up the problem goes away a bit.

I will never abandon a match when I'm losing, I fight to the bitter end, I even try to kill who is still in my base when my vain crystal is destroyed.

However I will confess abandoning matches (only in solo casual q) sometimes.
For the few times uber noobs get paired up in my queue, sometimes I just can't be bothered. Sorry noobs, but sue me?

When people lock in the same role, or roam and don't get irongaurd, or when we confirm to start at minions close to buy shop first but they wait around like total noobs for however long until minions near base spawn (any half decent player will steal your farm), or when they play like its a solo game, etc etc...if a decent number combination of these problems occur right away I already know (unless the whole enemy team is horrible or one is afk which doesn't make me feel good anyways) that it's gonna be a lame game and a waste of time. I've put myself through that too many times and it just gets frustrating.

I'm at the point where I don't even care about the karma, I just can't be bothered to put myself through 15 minutes + of that anymore and I will just leave the game. Don't even care. I will try to ping question marks and go here go there but people don't understand or care and clearly when they don't know how to play, and it's a heavily dependant team playing game, I just can't be bothered anymore...lol.

Although if I play with someone doing those things I try to communicate it before just leaving. If there is something going wrong I will say it. Because ironically the more I can't be bothered to play with noobs the more I have to get matched with them...*sigh*

KuntFu

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved