Vainglory Forums

Please surrender vote when appropriate!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by SavageMoor » April 8, 2015 6:00pm | Report
I take screenshots of the scores at the end of my matches (about 160 total). It provides great statistics. My win/loss ratio is about 50%. About a third of the wins and losses are because one or more players deserted the game. One of the most exciting matches I've ever played was a 2v2 because a player deserted on both sides!

When one of my teammates abandon, if my remaining teammate is a team player, we have a fighting chance. But most of the time the remaining player is a jerk who feeds in the jungle and gets endlessly ganked. I'm left alone in the lane playing 1v3.

At this point, I suggest a surrender, but he refuses. I watch the enemy kill him and eventually push into the allied end zone. This is a total waste of time. The game can keep playing for another 10 minutes, but why? Due to the Karma system, I'm frustratingly obligated to keep playing.

This happens often! I hate players deserting the match. When I know if defeat is inevitable, they rarely accept surrender. And I hate keep playing a worthless match while my lame teammate keeps dying but refuses to vote for surrender. It’s a total waste of time when I might have been able to try a second round!

When appropriate, accept surrender so everyone can have time for a second round!

SavageMoor
Wins: 85
Skill Tier: 4

SavageMoor
Quote | PM | +Rep by Endurance13 » April 8, 2015 6:46pm | Report
Most people vote surrender when there is still a chance. And If someone abandons but doesn't desert, I refuse surrender just out of spite. I'll wait u till they desert before thinking about it, otherwise, I'm gonna make em watch and keep playing for practise.

I also hate when people surrender just before killing the crystal. I'll let the other team fully win.

Overall, the surrender button is useless. Suck it up buttercup, and take the loss like a man.
Main: Catherine & Skaarf
Pretty good with Taka & Joule
Skill: The Hotness

Endurance13
Quote | PM | +Rep by nporaMep » April 8, 2015 8:15pm | Report
These guys actually stand and shop and go pee, but they for sure are not watching you.

nporaMep
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by SavageMoor » April 8, 2015 8:32pm | Report
Last game this happened, I was at 14 kills and my "teammate" was busy feeding in the jungle with 18 deaths. The third player deserted the match before the 10-minute mark. The enemy team was steamrolling and I was playing Pedal in the lane. There's no point continuing this sham, it's pure stupidity. Why do these players deny surrender?

When do players start being matched to sensible teammates? I've never deserted a match since I started playing the game. I thought Karma Lv.12 would be "reasonably high enough" to start weeding out unreliable players. Apparently not! When does it get better, or does it ever get better?

SavageMoor
Quote | PM | +Rep by Denni » April 9, 2015 3:29am | Report
Yes I must say definitely not karma 12. I'm sorry to disappoint the Vg community, but anything under Karma 20, you'll expect deserters, and even then....However, in the middle of typing my reply I remembered something :D Karma system isn't like before. So scratch what I said before as Karma has a weaker relationship with deserters than the new system that tracks you recent behaviour. So let me repeat, the Karma system has barely any relationship with deserters! The karma system as the devs have explained is a glory bonus system,the main point being reward system. As long as you don't desert matches, your recent game history will be clean, Just keep sailing through and you'll get to a point where AFK is rare, like where I am. GL :)

Denni
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Jade777 » April 9, 2015 5:28pm | Report
I've been playing since early December...and I have never had a team player getting kill on purpose. Is it possible he just wasn't a skilled player. I would also like to point out there are many young children that play as well....such as my 5,7,9 and 12 yr olds play. I hate when anyone surrenders ANYgame. In my opinion this is should only be used if something comes up and you don't have time to finish a game....or a bad connect that's got u jumping all over the screen....surrenders are for quitters.

Jade777
Quote | PM | +Rep by Smurfy » April 10, 2015 3:59am | Report
I just had a game today in solo queue and two of the enemy team members were walking in our turrets over and over. Weird, especially because it wasn't just one, but two of them committing suicide.

Smurfy
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusP » April 10, 2015 4:52am | Report
I am Karma level 20 since months and yet I encounter deserters (which is possible and human because all of us have our real lifes and our duties do to) or even people who are not willing to play properly.
Just yesterday I had a match with two totally goofballs, fighting over the minions in jungle: Koshka and Catherine (constant pinging each other. No support for me in the lane etc.).
The point is that I am on my way to reach SIMPLY AMAZING with my current skilltier level of "The hotness gold". Even though of this expected high level of karma AND skilltier, the matching system got me paired with two totally newbs who were not willing to comprehend to the team. In the end we obviously lost.

I really think that it's almost impossible to prevent from people with high karmas and skilltiers matching with people of lower skills. Maybe it's a flaw in the system or it is just an impossibility for the algorithm of the matching system to detect EVERY single good player around your area.
However, if you keep persistence and lead your teammates, you might have a chance to win the game. It's all about (your skill) and your capacity for teamwork.

MaximusP
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Splintermaster » April 10, 2015 7:58am | Report
AFK surrender, party match, just started third game, same teams.
Real life emergency came up, I had no choice. I tried to surrender one minute into the game
hopeing my teammates would figure it out. The game wouldn't let me call for surrender. I don't know why, to early in the game, not at base camp, I don't Know why it wouldn't call surrender. I couldn't wait to figure It out so I left and went AFK, forcing my teammates to to wait for Deserter.

I tried to save them from the wait time before it would classify me deserted and they could finally
surrender. I felt like **** knowing they would have to wait deserter time to pop up, it sucked.

Splintermaster
Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved