Vainglory Forums

POLL: Buffing Petal and Nerfing Lyra and Adagio was a bad move.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.

Poll Question:

Was Buffing Petal and Nerfing Lyra & Adagio, good or bad?
Yes
No
Changes are fine.
VOTE
Quote | PM | +Rep by Krystalline » March 25, 2017 5:21am | Report
POLL- (Sorry I f***ed up the Answers, LOL)
Yes- Its a bad change
No- Its a good change.

The patch Update 2.3 shows changes to Petal, Grumpjaw, Adagio and Lyra

Well, i wouldn't mind the changes done to Grumpjaw much. And i will have to wait and finally find out.

The problem comes with Petal, a high OP character becoming even more Buffed than before. Though the range is marginally reduced, and she will have to be slightly more closer to do the attacks, i still think with Base attacks going 136% is quite lethal.

And Adagio, WTF?? As it is, he is a weak character with no movement speed, and his Heal was practically low, and that is reduced by about 20 hp again, and his attack range is also reduced.

Same applies for Lyra, A weak Roamer, now has increased Cooldown time with decreased Manna, for a character who uses Manna for her basic attacks. Either decrease Manna or increase Cooldowntime.

I understand its ONLY for Early and Mid Game- But there are so many games that gets decided within 15 mins. How can one expect to drag the game out with such a weakling character?

Arent Adagio and Lyra supposed to be captains?

I personally feel, this is a bad move and it will make a lot of people furious. As Lyra and Adagio are one of the most loved characters in the game, and this is a bit harsh of a punishment.
I

Krystalline
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Blissey123 » April 2, 2017 11:47pm | Report
Technically, Petal wasn't all that buffed. If we remember the times when Petal's range was 7! And her leach range was 10.5! And now it is only 5.8 and 7.5 respectively. The buff on petal is the basic attack and the increased range with trampoline, well it is a strong buff, but not really. People can now counter Petal. But I have to agree with you for Lyra and Adagio. Lyra is Miss Nerfed 2016, has a nerf again. She needs a BIG Buff. They have done nothing but nerf Lyra (except when she became more tanky in Update 2.1). Make Bright Bulwark last longer to make up for the long cooldown, make her cooldown for imperial sigil less pls. But for the case of Adagio, he is definitely one of the best laners now and he is very strong in that job, but not as captain. Adagio will be UU as captain and OU as laner.

Edit: Adagio had the longest range in the game. i think Adagio deserved thattttt nerf
IGN: Blissey123
Hero mains: Lyra, Catherine, Koshka, Idris, Celeste, Kestrel, Flicker,Celeste
Heroes that I am good at but I don't have: Joule
Practicing: Kestrel, Celeste, Vox, Idris
Tier: Worthy Foe Silver
Best Heroes: Lyra, Catherine, Idris, Kestrel, Koshka, Vox, Celeste

Blissey123
Notable (17)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Cyanogenmoded » April 3, 2017 2:15pm | Report
Lyrs was already weak and i stopped using her when her slow got nerfed by a huge amount, rather than nerfing her more they should make the collapsing damage from sigil a slow too and decrease its cooldown atleast make it what it was before 2.3 patch instead, and her energy regen is not the best , yet the amount of energy used by sigil is massive now. She requires timing and perfect team play to win matches or be useful for team, whuch is onoy possible in tournaments or co-operatee matches with high skill.

Adagio recieved that nerf but his heals are now just used to flame , they should be named flames rather than heals, nerfing those heals was tottaly unnecessary and actually they shoud buff to make it bit more useful outside team fights, i prefer to cp adagio now instead because his power's and high health is much appreciated in lane than as roam.

Petal is garbage now and will take lots of skill to play properly , the seeds have a lifetime of mere 12 sevonds down from 45 and this is horrible for me as a petal user, yes i use potato after losing lots of my elo and gain it back by potato, but that seed should have 20-32(20-22-24-26-32) lifetime as level increases to make it usable as traps , this nerf was too much for petal and this makes her very vulnerable(against AOE opponents like rona, samuele, cp vox), her leash range is also very small now and this is a bad thing for a squishy jugler, she deserves .4 increase atleast in both ranges, her attack speed is okay and not much a buff its negligible.
If she is so much of problem remove her from ranked matches :)
I will be your worst nightmare
Main heroes- Glaive(wp), Petal(dead, this hero is dead for me), cp adagio, vox, gwen, lance(not bad), koshka, alpha and sometimes the current meta.

Cyanogenmoded

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved