Vainglory Forums

Poor Network Performance - An Idea

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by HugoRune » September 23, 2015 12:12pm | Report
I recently had a game where I was experiencing between 800 and 4000 ms network lag. However, checking speedtest.net showed that my network connection was fine. Judging by the way we were sharing unhappy pings, my team had the same issue.

But here's the thing, we can't quit because that's a karma ping and a loss on our ranking. So we're trapped in this hellish game of multi second pauses and character move rewinds.

So, here's the idea, when the game detects that multiple players are having large network delays - I'm assuming due to one player's network connection, it should offer up a vote to abandon the game without penalty to either side. Majority decision (i.e. 4+ votes).

Now, while I know that everyone on this site is a good gamer, there are unscrupulous players out there who might try to use something like this to cause a losing game to be abandoned (for shame!) Which is why this facility should only exist in the first 5 minutes of the game. i.e. before an obviously winning or losing position can be established and also why it would require 4+ votes.

Thoughts?

The Huge Rune

HugoRune
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by xDeletex » September 24, 2015 5:25am | Report
I've had the same problem, yesterday with 5 matches or so... in game big lag for everyone. Everyone stopped moving...
Also, for a week or something, when the match is finished, I can't go past the victoryscreen. When I close the app and go back in, same problem... The game then goes back to the "choose your hero screen". Only after 15 minutes or so it's ok? pfff and then I didn't get a card :-(

I play on ipad air 2 - ios9

My thought? The dev's should fix the problem. this wasn't before...

xDeletex
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by FederalMafia » September 24, 2015 8:43am | Report
This started happening to me after the iOS 9 update from Apple. I have noticed granulated graphics and slow network connection. I don't think it is a problem in the game itself, but with how the new iOS is processing the game. My guess is that VG needs to be optimized for iOS 9. Maybe others on Android can weigh in?
[*] IGN - FederalMafia (NA)

"When I'm in command, every mission is a suicide mission."

FederalMafia
Notable (7)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Wylyth » October 2, 2015 8:37am | Report
Lots of new lag issues here as well

Wylyth
Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved