Vainglory Forums

Poor Sports

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Ouroboro » October 11, 2015 4:46pm | Report
I read somewhere about this, but it hasn't happened to me until now. Once I got great karma, it has never downgraded to good karma. I try to keep it that way. Well, I just played a ranked match and my team dominated. Our Skye went 8/2. Our Taka went 9/0. And I went 7/2 as Fortress. (The deaths are right, but I could be modest about the wins. We really dominated). I had Great Karma at before entering the match, of course. When the match ended, I now have good karma. I think it's a load of horse **** that your karma is at the mercy of immature players. I didn't desert the match, wasn't unskilled, didn't rudely ping, and etc. Yes, I have matches where I feel like there's no point in continuing (because I solo queue and match ups can be unforgiving), but no matter how bad the enemy may beat us, I give thumbs up all around (unless it calls for a thumbs down, like desertion) and go on my merry way. I don't want to feel regret giving the enemy a thumbs up after they gave a handout of thumbs down. Don't be a sore loser. Shrug it off and learn from your experiences. Geezus, leave others' hard work alone. They've earned their karma status. It should only take me a game or two to get great karma back, but it's annoying that I won't get a bit of a bonus for those one or two rounds. I miss the old karma system, level 20 with 24% bonus. You couldn't lose your hard work then. At least this system weeds out those who couldn't care less about the team, like desertion once more.
IGN: Ouroboro

"Engage people with what they expect; it is what they are able to discern and confirms their projections. It settles them into predictable patterns of response, occupying their minds while you wait for the extraordinary moment — that which they cannot anticipate." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War-

Ouroboro
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by FederalMafia » October 12, 2015 3:49pm | Report
Im not sure if there is a delay in the application of up or down votes. What I mean is that I don't know if when you receive a vote it immediately applies to your account. If there was a delay of a couple hours or so, it would explain why people seem to get randomly moved up or down in the Karma system.
[*] IGN - FederalMafia (NA)

"When I'm in command, every mission is a suicide mission."

FederalMafia
Notable (7)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Ouroboro » October 15, 2015 4:37am | Report
I believe it is immediate. It only took me a couple games to get back to great karma, but on that second game, I immediately raced over to check on my karma status to see if it upgraded from good to great. No change. As soon as a notification popped up saying that I've been honored by a player, I went back to my profile and the last honor I was given bumped it back up to great karma.

And something new I noticed with the game...since when have you been able to give friends honor after a match? Isn't that a little broken to be able to do that? I would love to help out a friend get to great karma, but what if that friend had bad karma? Shouldn't someone with bad karma deserve the penalties that it entails? I just think that anyone could have bad karma and easily turn that around with some friendly matches. It's broken.
IGN: Ouroboro

"Engage people with what they expect; it is what they are able to discern and confirms their projections. It settles them into predictable patterns of response, occupying their minds while you wait for the extraordinary moment — that which they cannot anticipate." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War-

Ouroboro
Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved