Vainglory Forums

PSA: Can we all stop being so selfish please

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by asiankatemoss » November 8, 2015 8:34am | Report
Now I understand that some of you excel with certain heroes, or you may just feel like playing certain heroes some days but can we please stop putting our selfishness ABOVE the viability of a strong team. I am definitely not a bad but have remained stuck on the decent-ish tier because way too many people rush lock-in their favorite heroes without considering the overall dynamics of the team. Here are some rules that I think everyone should abide by:

1. Before locking in, make sure that there's one laner, one tank, and one warrior. Two ranged heroes are okay if you're feeling particularly confident with a ringo, vox, or whatever

2. If someone else is a jerk and rush locked in their desired hero, for pete's sake just take one for the team and pick a tank or a hero that compliments your team. There's no point picking the hero YOU want if it means a weak team and losing the game. I just lost a game where I picked vox and two other players autolocking in koshka and taka and it was so infuriating.

3. If you choose a protector role, then BUILD TANK. Literally just had a game where I was celeste and the two other players were fortress and catherine AND BOTH DECIDED SHATTERING GLASS WOULD BE A GREAT FIRST item BUILD, then rudely pinged me when we started losing

Also, on a different matter altogether
4. It is the tank that initiates team fights so please treat the tank as the leader. Don't be a hero and enter the brush before the tank. Also, if the tank (e.g catherine) comes back and stuns an enemy target to save you from being killed when you are on low health, this is NOT an indication for you to stop running and come back for a kill - especially when it is likely that you will die. The tank is there to protect you.

Finally, I realised that my problem might be solved if I played in a party or joined a guild so add me I'm asiankatemoss. I'm okay as a tank, melee and ranged hero I think:

asiankatemoss
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Tonyy » November 9, 2015 8:31am | Report
in our room is room if u want to join.

Tonyy

Tonyy
Quote | PM | +Rep by DrakenMythik » November 9, 2015 2:54pm | Report
What Tonyy meant to say was that their is room in our guild if you want to join us. Just add him in game and he can invite you in. NA server

DrakenMythik
Quote | PM | +Rep by mrapsinker » November 12, 2015 10:43pm | Report
I just want to say Thank You. You have basically summed up everything I want to tell 3/4 of the people I play with.

It so frustrating to see people do off the wall stupid things and then cry about stuff like how "unfair" it is that they have to play against guild groups who use voice chat and are "organised". So VG should bend over backwards and spend thousands of dollars in time and energy so that lazy people can feel good about themselves and everyone who is in a guild should be apparently punished by being required to only play against other guild groups and enjoy a longer wait time while it is trying to find those matches.

God forbid they actually put a little forth a little thing called effort and find some people who know how to play their roles and you know it is 100% impossible to download one of those free voice programs like discord/teamspeak/ventrilo just to name a few unless you're in a guild and R9.

mrapsinker
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by anthilltaco » November 13, 2015 10:43am | Report
Made a post about this and then read this and now im like "welp that was pointless they said it better then I ever could've" XD
Why fix a game when you could just make it completely broken?

anthilltaco
Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved