Vainglory Forums

Question on karma and unintentional DC

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by lodepool » January 17, 2016 5:44pm | Report
Hi I have 2 connections I use to play, over wifi and using mobile data. I recently chose to play using mobile data because it has better connection.

In the middle of the game of one of my recent match. All characters just suddenly stopped moving, hinting of disconnection. I waited for a while then decided to close the app and connect again. As soon as the app started, I was reconnected to the game. However after a while, it happened again and I wasn't able to connect for a long time. I changed my connection to connect to my wifi and when I logged in again the match was over and I saw the deserter warning.

I played a casual match once again using my mobile data and the same thing happened. I reconnected using wifi and was able to continue the match, being gone for I think 2-3mins. I finished the match and we were able to win the game. Being gone for 2-3mins left me behind but I still managed to help our team win. My teammate even honored me. And as I was expecting to see something positive after the match, the deserter warning showed up again and I gained nothing from the match.

Is being disconnected, restarting the app, closing then loggin in again immediately and any alike circumstances automaticaly tag you as deserter? Even though you finished the match? I'm relatively new to the game. Can anyone enlighten me on this. Thanks!

Btw, how do you search on forums? I can only search on guides in this site.

lodepool
Quote | PM | +Rep by lodepool » January 17, 2016 9:47pm | Report
I played another game after a while of posting this and I was not disconnected and finished the game. But I was tagged as deserter again. What the hell is happening?

lodepool
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » January 17, 2016 9:56pm | Report
You will still sadly lose karma even if you just briefly leave. 2 - 3 minutes is enough time to finish a game or get a nice lead

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved