Vainglory Forums

"Expectations"

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Astrianna » May 10, 2015 3:47pm | Report
Some pet peeves I've acquired over the past few weeks:
  1. If you're the last person to softlock, have the decency to choose a hero which complements what the other two players in your team have already chosen. Yes, yes, the point of softlocking is so that we can all choose something which works out, but if we have a laner and a jungler chosen, the least you can do is choose a jungler so that both of us don't have to reshuffle. Small things like this tell me that you're a competent player who thinks about team formation.
  2. It's already been said, but if you instalock Saw you don't get to play with me, even if I have to wait 10 minutes for the next game. In fact, if you instalock anything I'm going to go take a well-deserved 10 minute poop break.
  3. When game starts and you don't load up on potions (or scout traps), I'm assuming that you're rushing a tier 3 item or that you know to not overextend. If you don't do either one of these things, my impression of you just got fed to the Kraken, and I'm not coming to your rescue in a gank simply because you're not going to have my back anyway. It's all about the mentality.
  4. If the enemy has three people in the lane, my icon (as a laner) on the map is practically behind the turret, and the enemy team comp has a Celeste/Saw in there, you either stop farming and come up to help me apply pressure to the team, or say good bye to our turret. It's as simple as that. You don't have to jump into the gank and rack up kills, you just have to appear in order to intimidate the enemy, who more often than not will draw back a bit to give us enough time to regain lost ground. No biggie, and you can go right back to farming your precious jungle mobs.
  5. Just because we've taken down two enemy turrets and appear to be doing well does not mean we should rush the Kraken. If you're a Vox, Celeste, Taka, or Ringo, I haven't yet seen a build that allows you to take more than four or five Kraken hits. Let one of the other junglers do it, please.
  6. If I play almost the entire match without pinging anything, look like I know what I'm doing, and I do finally ping somewhere, it's a sign that you really. really. should respond to that. Conversely, if you ping like crazy, even if whatever you're saying makes sense, sure as hell I'm going to do something else to irritate you, because you deserve to get irritated.
  7. If you're a Saw, Vox, Joule, Catherine, or Celeste, be a dear to us all and face-check the bushes? Telling a Koshka or Taka to march into the bushes with the enemy at full strength is like handing me a really sharp knife and telling me to slit my throat. Thanks, but no thanks.
  8. If you're a ranged character, for god's sake, learn to stutter-step. Do they not teach the kids how to use Google to search for stuff nowadays? Nothing quite as impressive as a melee character busting their *** while the ranged character sits behind the action firing round after round without so much as moving.
  9. If you have Ironguard Contract, you're more than welcome to whack my mobs, but have the basic decency and courtesy to let me have last hit. If you don't, taking my mobs is just going to deprive me of gold and exp, which means that I die more frequently, which means that you die more frequently, which means we all die more frequently, which means we lose the game eventually. If you don't have Ironguard Contract, don't even think about it. See? That escalated quickly because you wanted to last hit everything.
  10. There are four mob locations in the jungle that are on our side. If two of us are in the jungle, I think there was this class in elementary school which said something like four divided by two equals two. We each get three mobs. Nice and easy! You know what's not nice? When you go for four and give me the two healing mobs. Yay!
IGN: Astrianna (NA)
Best Skill Level Achieved: Simply Amazing Bronze
Karma Level: 20
Best Heroes: Vox, Taka, Fortress
Training Heroes: Celeste, Rona

"How many Saws does it take to- one to instalock."

Astrianna
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » May 10, 2015 6:26pm | Report
Nice rant... Lol. Lot of text in there that most players won't read, but those are all some valid points. What skill tier are you in?
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Astrianna » May 10, 2015 6:56pm | Report
I'm oscillating between Pretty Good and Decent-ish. Personal best is Pretty Good Gold, upon which a couple of matches with really good players taught me that I have much to learn.
IGN: Astrianna (NA)
Best Skill Level Achieved: Simply Amazing Bronze
Karma Level: 20
Best Heroes: Vox, Taka, Fortress
Training Heroes: Celeste, Rona

"How many Saws does it take to- one to instalock."

Astrianna
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » May 10, 2015 7:44pm | Report
Astrianna wrote:

I'm oscillating between Pretty Good and Decent-ish. Personal best is Pretty Good Gold, upon which a couple of matches with really good players taught me that I have much to learn.

Mkayyyy I see haha. Well, if you want some comfort, you should be able to move up to the hotness pretty soon with your game knowledge (which is a ton for your skill tier), & the players get a lot better up there. Add me @ Bootylicious if you need somebody good to team up with!
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved