Vainglory Forums

Ranked is a joke atm.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by ThatSc3neGuy » September 20, 2016 4:59am | Report
Ever since the update that makes it to where you face people of same elo instead of same rank, it's hurt ranked play.

I was gold 5 last season, but then got back up to tier 4 and can't get past it, and have been slowly going down hill since then. I only get a decent/good game once every 5 or so games now. After the match, people would add me, and to no surprise, they're 1-2 silver, not 4+.

Playing by elo and not visual rank is a great idea, don't get me wrong, but if you go by elo, then a player that hasn't played in months/updates ago would be playing with and against people that have been staying current with updates, making the old player not fair so well or drag the other two on the team down.

The past week I've been playing with many people that don't know how to focus on a high threat enemy like a Krul or Taka. There's also been more and more people that play Saw and use his B in the wrost times, without knowing that it does almost no damage with their build.

I'd like to go back to playing with people of same visual rank, not elo. I'm sure many of you like playing against players of same elo, but I'd rather play against those that keep current with the game and are knowing of updates and such.

(This may not sound that great rn, literally woke up and typed this, so not fully awake yet haha.)

ThatSc3neGuy
Quote | PM | +Rep by BLG3RNT » September 20, 2016 7:02am | Report
I'll throw my two cents in here since I've been thinking about this for a while. (I just woke up also LOL).

The rating system is flawed. Probably always will be. It really has nothing to do with Elo or Visual Tier or MMR. It's flawed because they use a team result to give you an individual rank.

The Elo system was designed to rank chess players. Individual ranking, individual game. Your Elo in chess is a direct result of your performance, thus it was accurate. It's not accurate in VG.

Example: Player 1 goes 1/6/4, Player 2 goes 11/3/5, Player 3 goes 2/2/7. The match lasts 23 minutes, and their team loses. Player 2 is effected by the loss just as much as their teammates. Not fair, you can't really ask Player 2 to do much more than that for their team. Now, what if they won? Well now Player 1 & 3 benefit in ranking just as much as Player 2 who clearly had a much better performance.

Now don't get me wrong, I've been in matches where I went something like 4/4/8 but still has a much greater influence on the actually progression of the match than someone who went 10/2/1. So I'm not by any means saying stats are everything.

It's a flawed system. Individual rankings based on team results. It doesn't work. I don't know what the answer is. It takes someone far smarter than I to figure that out. I also understand that you can't weigh stats to heavily in a game where one role (Roam) is designed not to get stats.

I think in the end you have to remember that it's a flawed system and always will be. Players who build teams, play with friends, and avoid the solo queue have a greater advantage than those who partake in the solo queue.
IGN: BLG3RNT
Region: NA
Coach for Nova Esports
Imma Roam Main

BLG3RNT
<Editor>
Remarkable (44)
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » September 21, 2016 5:59am | Report
No matter what they do it's going to be flawed

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by ThatSc3neGuy » September 21, 2016 8:15am | Report
vikings102 wrote:

No matter what they do it's going to be flawed

Yeah, but it's more flawed now than before imo

ThatSc3neGuy
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » September 22, 2016 9:39am | Report
ThatSc3neGuy wrote:

Yeah, but it's more flawed now than before imo

Not at all, it's the players that have changed

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by abnin » September 23, 2016 8:58am | Report
LOL git gud bro

abnin
Quote | PM | +Rep by anthilltaco » September 23, 2016 9:55am | Report
Oh don't get me started on the ranking system (see my tag? yeah the one in red. there's a reason I have that) "your rank is reset but your elo stays the same" <this is why I no longer feel bad for being at such a low rank.
Why fix a game when you could just make it completely broken?

anthilltaco
Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved