Vainglory Forums

Ranking - Is this a fair system?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Doopki » October 11, 2015 3:59am | Report
Few Questions to start off this discussion.
1) Does this result from a group's skill perspective or individual skill perspective?
2) Does this accurately portray player's capabilities?
3) Random grouping will always be present in this game. Do you think that this style of penalising players because they opt to group up with random players is encouraging the player base?
In my opinion the system of winning and losing is so black and white that it takes away effort from the players. If the opposing team are grouping up well and my team is pursuing their individual agenda then sooner or later me or my team member will surrender.

Instead if the system would give ranking points based on who earned how many points at the end of the game with a bonus to the winning side then that would fairly payback individual effort.

Everyone wants to play competitive play (ranked matches) but the winner takes all takes the fun out of this game.

I strongly believe that a fair system of ranking is really required here which is not existing at the moment.

Discuss.

Doopki
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » October 11, 2015 2:35pm | Report
1) I think it results from individual skill(the rank right?)

2) It does and it doesn't in different situations. If you are truly a POA player and you are playing for someone at Pretty Good, you should be able to carry the team thus proving the rank system works. However, individual skill can only take you so far. Teamwork is also a big part of Vain Glory so if your team is not cooperating, you're going to have some trouble.

3)What's the player base?

The ranking system is based on one question: did you win or lose that match?
If you did your rank goes down, etc. etc.
Current Tier - The Hotness Bronze

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/recruitment
I had trouble finding it at first too :)

And I swear it's not a RickRoll(or is it???)
And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved