Vainglory Forums

Ranking System Explanation Wanted - Not Dropping Rank

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by PolaDaBear » January 26, 2016 11:45am | Report
I have a quick question hopefully someone can clear up. So I have been playing VG for quite a while and although enjoy Casual quite a bit, Ranked is always fun to test yourself. I noticed after the last update that my skill tier rank doesn't seem to drop after lost matches. At first I figured this was due to the compression type situation after the start of the new season, but after a laughably bad string of matches with some friends (laughably bad on our part) I noticed that my rank still didn't drop.

This is great for confidence, but what sort of mechanism is at play here? It's nice not to drop, but it's also hard to gauge the quality of opponent. At times it was nice to see how much or little you dropped after a match, which gave you a vague idea of the ranks of your opponents. Any insight would be great.

I love Vain and for the most part have been impressed with the advances the devs have made for the game in such a short amount of time. I was playing back when there were 9 heroes to choose from and the game was just as awesome then as it is now...except that Blackfeather can just go back to the development room and die.

I would love some insight on the ranking system updates. I read patch notes but must have missed something about the lack of downward travel in terms of losing games. Thanks!

PolaDaBear
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Aicfan71189 » January 26, 2016 2:50pm | Report
It will soon drop, don't worry. Due to the decompression, it will level you out. It will match you sometimes against higher tiered players. Also, because of this decompression, you will eventually get back up to your visual skill tier before you start dropping, unless you rapidly start losing a LOT of games simultaneously. But once you get up to the visual skill tier that matches with you ranked MMR, your visual tier won't drop. Expect to drop again though once you surpass your visual skill tier you were at before the ELO decompression.

Aicfan71189
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by ZuesAwoken » January 26, 2016 4:19pm | Report
When you win games, you are taking the visual rank your opponent lost. That means there is a set amount of visual rank in the system. If no one has any rank, how do people rise? They're trying to get the visual rank back in the system. You will lose rank when you reach your previous skill tier.
Highest Rank So Far: Pretty Good ~ Gold
Current Rank: Pretty Good ~ Gold
Lane: CP Skaarf, WP Ringo, and Taka
Jungle: CP Skye, WP Ozo, WP Joule, Taka
Roam: Cath, Ardan, Taka
Main: TAKATAKATAKATAKATAKATAKATAKA

...SUPRISE *****!

ZuesAwoken
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by PolaDaBear » January 27, 2016 11:36am | Report
Gotcha, I guess that makes sense, thanks for the replies. I have not yet reached where I left off last season so that must be it.

PolaDaBear
Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved