Vainglory Forums

Ranking system on its head.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by mrapsinker » February 24, 2016 5:46pm | Report
Salutations.
After playing this game a decent amount of time, I have come to the conclusion that it is a good game but could be great with a few changes. I had posted on the forms earlier about requiring a minimum amount of games played per character(wins) before they were allowed to be played in ranked. However after a lot of thought about this system it could be considered unfair even in a semi competitive environment.

So the new idea is to have a list/Que that would find people who enjoy doing certain roles. I.E. Lane,Support,Jungle prior to que'ing with no timer. The person would pick what character they want to play cp/wp/role (no timer) and then would be randomly matched to other parties that would complement it so that groups would be well round. Also aside from this new method it would show how much experience the person has with each hero in the game via wins next to it or under it so that the team can roughly gauge the experience level that person has with that particular character. It will serve a dual purpose, 1 not only will it show how much experience they have with that character BUT the 2nd part of it will show people how much leeway if any that person may need so if someone is more experienced they can help them by pinging points on the map to go to or situations to avoid.

I also think VG should implement a system like this in the guild roster, so when you click on the person's name it will show the characters they main for each role, Lane,Jungle,Support along with a R value next to it GT,NB,DCT,PG, etc. And have all the names in Alphabetical order instead of the cluster that it is currently in.

Lastly I would like to see a overall Rank which is based off of how well that person plays each role. However it would be separate from the traditional/current rank system in place now this system would be strictly for people choosing to group with guildmates.

mrapsinker
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » February 24, 2016 5:58pm | Report
All great suggestions but reccomend this to the developers themselves on there website as you might not know this is a fan made site so only people like me who think they are good idea but can't do **** about them will see it. So go ahead and send the devs a email and your suggestions will be considered by the creators of the game.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by pongski » February 24, 2016 9:18pm | Report
I hope they could do something to trolls especially in ranked. It's frustrating!

pongski
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » February 24, 2016 10:36pm | Report
It doesn't work like that. Either suck it up or just play with friends because super evil mega Corp or any other MOBA game creator will never find out a stable effiecient way without screwing other there game completely to fully get rid of trolls. I don't get why people don't understand it, there is no code that can effienciently sort out trolls and people doing the right thing. The only way this could be resolved is if they had a large building with thousands of employees watching the gameplay of people tirelessly to sort out which is which and may I remind you that super evil mega Corp is a small company not a billion dollar one. So keep hoping but in all seriousness it's not going to happen so you can be salty but it won't change anything at all.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » February 25, 2016 6:24am | Report
mrapsinker wrote:

Salutations.
After playing this game a decent amount of time, I have come to the conclusion that it is a good game but could be great with a few changes. I had posted on the forms earlier about requiring a minimum amount of games played per character(wins) before they were allowed to be played in ranked. However after a lot of thought about this system it could be considered unfair even in a semi competitive environment.

So the new idea is to have a list/Que that would find people who enjoy doing certain roles. I.E. Lane,Support,Jungle prior to que'ing with no timer. The person would pick what character they want to play cp/wp/role (no timer) and then would be randomly matched to other parties that would complement it so that groups would be well round. Also aside from this new method it would show how much experience the person has with each hero in the game via wins next to it or under it so that the team can roughly gauge the experience level that person has with that particular character. It will serve a dual purpose, 1 not only will it show how much experience they have with that character BUT the 2nd part of it will show people how much leeway if any that person may need so if someone is more experienced they can help them by pinging points on the map to go to or situations to avoid.

I also think VG should implement a system like this in the guild roster, so when you click on the person's name it will show the characters they main for each role, Lane,Jungle,Support along with a R value next to it GT,NB,DCT,PG, etc. And have all the names in Alphabetical order instead of the cluster that it is currently in.

Lastly I would like to see a overall Rank which is based off of how well that person plays each role. However it would be separate from the traditional/current rank system in place now this system would be strictly for people choosing to group with guildmates.

1. That is exactly what league has and I wonder of they have a patent or something on it.
2. If you picked a role and character in select, you could get bad team comps, an showing how many wins they have with the character can be misleading
3. If people could see what rank you are they will instantly judge you based on the tier, like I barely played any ranked so far since the reset so I am like just beginning gold, but I was in the hotness tier last update, so that is a big skil, difference that people think I have.

Just my response and being the Devils advocate

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by mrapsinker » February 25, 2016 3:30pm | Report
Thank you for all the feedback I just wanted to see what people thought about it before I submitted it to the folks at VG.

mrapsinker
Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved