Vainglory Forums

Ranking up/down NEEDS TO CHANGE!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by ShadowBeatz » September 19, 2015 8:15pm | Report
Hello!

So.. yesterday I was tier 4 gold, and as of now I'm tier 4 bronze. Why???

AFKers!!!

I play ranked, someone on my team quits the match, and we lose/surrender.
I shouldn't get demoted or lose ANY of my rank, due to someone going AFK.
If someone goes AFK, the match should be void.

Agree or disagree?
IGN: 6ixthTheory
Region: North America
Skill Tier: Pretty Good, bronze
Mains: Ringo (CP + WP), Glaive (WP), Skye (WP)
Secondaries: Phinn, Fortress, Rona

ShadowBeatz
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Tonyy » September 19, 2015 11:07pm | Report
i agree. but not so easy to find a solution. the prob is for example. if u see that u team loose u go afk. and the match is void. thats to easy and not fair. fot the players who finished the game should be
void. afk is ****ing ****t. but yesterday i saw new version . players who want to loose. yesterday our cath looked only in teamfight. walked always alone in enmey bush. she stuns nothing , attacks nobody.
she walked only. for these people the punishment should be banned for 1 month.

Tonyy
Quote | PM | +Rep by Xova091 » September 20, 2015 1:18am | Report
Dude I feel your pain I've been running into that same issue as of late. I definitely agree ranked matches should be void if someone afks.
IGN: Xova091

Xova091
Quote | PM | +Rep by Gast » September 20, 2015 6:52pm | Report
The rating system completely sucks (opinionated statement). Here is why:

- My rank bounces between 4 and 6 back and forth and back. Usually it takes 2-3 days to go from 6 to 4 and a bit longer to get up.
- I feel absolutely no difference when I'm playing with/against level 4 or level 6 players.
- The difference in terms of skills in one ranking class are extreme. One game you see awesome players and you just wipe the other team away in 15 minutes, the next game you play with people who have no clue how to play.

The impact of such a rating system is horrible. First, if there is a scale on which you can measure yourself, you want to improve. Utterly frustrating experience in this case. On top of that, people tend to focus more on the rating the more it sucks. I get the impression that the rating gets more important than the game itself.

What is really annoying is that you cannot play rated games with friends who are more than 1 level apart. The few good players you find online are out.

I see that it's freaking hard to implement a rating system in a multiplayer setting. Adopting ELO seems reasonable. But judging from the result it's no good.

In my opinion we would all be better of if there was no rating at all than that one. I really don't like it at all.

But that's about the only thing I don't like about the game.

Gast
Quote | PM | +Rep by ShadowBeatz » September 22, 2015 11:37am | Report
I understand the part where the people who played the whole match should be rewarded, but the team that lost due to an AFKer shouldn't be penalized. But everybody is entitled to their own opinion.
IGN: 6ixthTheory
Skill Tier: Pretty Good, bronze
Mains: Ringo (CP + WP), Glaive (WP), Skye (WP)
Secondaries: Phinn, Fortress, Rona

ShadowBeatz
Notable (5)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved