Vainglory Forums

Read this before you cry about how things are "unfair" in VG.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by mrapsinker » November 12, 2015 11:48pm | Report
It so frustrating to see people cry about stupid things in the game like how "unfair" it is that they have to play against guild groups who use voice chat and are "organised". So they think that VG should bend over backwards and spend thousands of dollars in time and energy so that lazy people can feel good about themselves and everyone who is in a guild should be apparently punished by being required to only play against other guild groups and enjoy a longer wait time while it is trying to find those matches.

God forbid they actually put forth a little thing called effort and find some people who know how to play their roles or an active guild for that matter.

People act like it is 100% impossible to download one of those "free" voice chat programs like discord/teamspeak/ventrilo just to name a few. They act like those things are only reserved for the best of the best, the 1% of VG players.

Also this post is addressed to people who don't do their job/role in the game. Such as...

The ever annoying idiot that spams the map with question marks as to why you did something but doesn't have a clue how to play their role and their average game play looks like 1/18/0 and the 1 they got was from them accidently taking one of the teammates kills or they expect the tank/support to be able to 1 vs "The World" and still live.

The people that select a support and build 1 or no support items and/or takes last hits from the jungler/laner.

The people that just auto lock the character in as soon as the screen selection pops up, totally disregarding the group composition and then wonder why they lost the match.

The people who dive/chase after hero's like they are deep sea diving for sunken treasure.

The people who who think that just because the tank stopped and stunned/slowed a person to stop them from killing you means rush back and attack the group of people that will obliterate you because you have low/no health left and you force them to use all their CD's trying to keep your dumbass alive leaving nothing for them and they die too resulting in a ace.

The people who just stand there at full health and energy and watch you die or go afk in the match.

The people who are oblivious to what is going on in the game/ not looking at the mini map.

The people who spam the surrender button after losing a turret or the other team gets the kraken.

The people who dodge Q's because someone else selects their hero and they can't be a team player and use a different hero.

The people who only select 1 type of attacking method..... I.E. Everyone on the team takes all CP or all WP.

The best for last, The people who constantly attack the tank who is at full health and can have up to an extra 2,200HP on top of their base health plus all the defensive items they chose instead of attacking the squishy target like celeste/skaarf/skye or they let ringo/saw just rip the team apart.

I think there are a few more however I'm not going to bother with it, I could go on until the day I died with all the BS people cry about but that basically sums up the most common things people get all bent out of shape about.

So If you do anyone or many of these things, in my opinion you've pretty much lost all your BS talk privileges as to why you think the game is broken or needs fixing. There are actual issues within the game itself that need to be address before your "opinions" of what's broken is addressed. Most of it you can fix by not doing some of the above listed things and using a little common sense.

mrapsinker
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Halcius » November 13, 2015 9:45am | Report
Just a couple things.
If someone selects a 'support' character but does not choose roam. Guess what? They don't intend to play as roam/support. Ardan, Adagio, and Phinn can do really well as lane/jungle. So if you picked Glaive or Koshka even Joule who can sub in as support maybe the match being lost was partially your fault.

Also, instalock is fine for SoloQ, and normally isn't an issue in teams.

Fortunately most of your gripes aren't as much a problem after Decentish. There will still be a few ??? spammers here and there but it is less common and less excessive than those nightmares in Decentish. I remember my first match in PG I did horrible and my teammates were putting up a good fight and never spammed ???s at me.

It's not just getting out of those sour ranks that can keep the hellish games at bay but also your own skill level. When you get good enough to carry those players you're not going to see much of their ? spam and the less experienced ones will have enough confidence from your successful initiatives to at least make an attempt to back off when it's too hot or get in position on your queues.

TL;DR
It won't last forever, it does get better.

Halcius
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by cC8. » November 14, 2015 2:46am | Report
mrapsinker: i think your gameplay gripes are as valid as anyone's, although i'm sure we could pick it apart word for word. You seem to be saying "don't talk bad about fighting teams, just play better, or play on a team yourself." good advice. i do play on a team, in a guild, in parties, and by myself. i like them all. i want the option when playing as a team to play against another team, not waste some noob group who all buys crystal or something. i want a challenge. is this crying? does this bother you?

i know there are free chat programs - but using them makes it a very different game. sometimes i get tired of listening to people scream and ***** about dying and living and buying and all else. it's nice to just use the minimap and scoreboard to make the right decisions, instead of your *****ing and screaming friends yelling at you to come save them when your mana and health are drained.

thanks for the new thread - it's another great opportunity to ask for separate queues - one for teams and one for solo. To say "the devs aren't going to listen to your opinion" is really kind and thoughtful of you. but they will hear it either way. just like they hear yours. because that's what the forum is for.

cheers.

cC8.
Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved