Vainglory Forums

Reason why Vainglory doesnt need chat

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by ImKAZE » July 29, 2016 5:45am | Report
Some people may argue that the chat in the game is too simple, I say, No, Its fine and usable. Although I see why having a chat where you can Type word and not just emoji is good but, I also see the cons of it. Take for example the fact that having people spamming you with sad face emoji isnt annoying enough, making a chat where you can type word just brings a whole nother level of toxic into the communnity *As if it wasn't toxic enough. Now looking at the perspective of competitive, I dont think its useful,The chat now are really quick and responsive. But if you type, that would be a whole lot slower than if you were pointing out. Its not really needed.

TLDR:
The chat now is good, simple , but good. Chat with word is a window for toxic players to troll and harass others. Just keep it nice and simple.

ImKAZE
Quote | PM | +Rep by TheBirthCry » July 31, 2016 7:50am | Report
While in general such an opinion i respect, because it's just...whatever, you know? The game would still be great without chat, or emotes. But in my opinion these kinds of things just help to make the game that much more engaging. What everyone (most everyone) wants is to be able to engage other players, i've actually thought that they could use one more emote in-game. And while i get your worry on harrassement and trolling in chat, i personally have never joined a party or made friends that do these things.

Honestly when i'm...even upset at all about the game, or about playing with another player i just will give a thumbs down, only if it is for a legit and specific reason. I really do feel like most players dont waste thier time actually typing in on thier party or friending somebody and then chatting them in just to harass them for whatever reason, or to troll them.
Player ID: TheBirthCry
Main: Fortress, Adagio and Rona
Loving on: Joule
(Just a Casual)/(Ranked someday)

TheBirthCry
Quote | PM | +Rep by FirebirdRS » August 1, 2016 2:26pm | Report
IMO Chat wouldn't be that useful because as was written before, it would take too long and is not suitable for vainglory's fast paced gameplay. Also if you want good communication you generally play with friends on a voice chat app like discord.

FirebirdRS
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by bradencn » August 9, 2016 12:35pm | Report
Exactly. Maybe they can improve the pings and buttons that help direct people around the game, but other than that, serious players can easily find ways to chat.

bradencn

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved