Vainglory Forums

Riot Games Sues Moonton

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by MagikarpUsedHyperBeam » July 11, 2017 12:03pm | Report
Hi, everyone. Today I'm going to share some big news with you. As you all know there is this game called "Mobile Legends: Bang Bang." As many of you know, or have perceived, is that Mobile Legends is a rip off of Riot Games' "League of Legends"("LoL"). Mobile Legends has for a very long time blatantly copied LoL's characters, artwork, maps, and many other things. Finally Riot has had enough of Moonton's ****, and has finally sued them. "What does this have to do with us," you might be asking? I'd say that Moonton has always been one of VG's most major competitors in the Mobile MOBA market. With Moonton out of the way, and VG coming more into the light as players who can no longer play Mobile Legends are going to be looking for a game similar to it. So with that in mind, we need to be welcoming to these new players and help them.

Anyways here's the official file of Riot sueing Moonton: Click Here

MagikarpUsedHyperBeam
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Faey » July 11, 2017 3:48pm | Report
It's about time. The bad news? Vainglory is gonna be flooded with short term players who are not going to be in this game for long. Their support also have to deal with fidget spinner users all day.
Crazy d

Faey
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by prodigy755 » July 11, 2017 5:02pm | Report
I was expecting this to be honest. Its been a long while since I played LoL, but even a player who was with LoL for only a week could tell just how similar Mobile Legends is to League. Only down side is now I'll probably have to find some other game to fall back on when I'm bored with VG for a bit. lol
IGN: Prodigy955
Server: NA
Role: Roam
Main: Ardan

Improvement comes from learning from your mistakes and fixing them, not just pointing them out.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
prodigy755
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by x0xXx0x » August 9, 2017 2:11am | Report

Hi, everyone. Today I'm going to share some big news with you. As you all know there is this game called "Mobile Legends: Bang Bang." As many of you know, or have perceived, is that Mobile Legends is a rip off of Riot Games' "League of Legends"("LoL"). Mobile Legends has for a very long time blatantly copied LoL's characters, artwork, maps, and many other things. Finally Riot has had enough of Moonton's ****, and has finally sued them. "What does this have to do with us," you might be asking? I'd say that Moonton has always been one of VG's most major competitors in the Mobile MOBA market. With Moonton out of the way, and VG coming more into the light as players who can no longer play Mobile Legends are going to be looking for a game similar to it. So with that in mind, we need to be welcoming to these new players and help them.

Anyways here's the official file of Riot sueing Moonton: Click Here

Fake accuses a fake! Didnt lol copied dota in the first place? Ah but i forgot lol now has the power because hundreds of millions of player so they can stomp some lower poor companies! I dont like mobile legends bang bang...it does not even have potential in my opinion...its bassicaly a not well executed fake...so why would they care about it? And vainglory is not in peril because mobile legends...thats too weak to compare with vainglory...but if another top notch moba arises...then vainglory could be in trouble...lol
Favorite heroes: Fortress, Krul Support, Rona Support, Taka support

Favorite Skin: All Fortress Skins

Skill Tier: Vainglorious

x0xXx0x
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Takuisgud » August 9, 2017 7:36am | Report
Lol din't copied dota they just liked how the game works so They made there own using small things that dota doesn't have Moonton Just copied LoL word to word COPYING EVERYTHING
Me Random student

Takuisgud
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MagikarpUsedHyperBeam » August 9, 2017 10:43am | Report
How did LoL copy Dota, last I checked Dota was just a mod so nobody owned it. The main developer (Guinsoo) of said mod went and developed LoL, but unlike Dota LoL went and simplified things for players, and changed most of the core mechanics. At the same time as LoL getting developed Valve went and bought Dota, and with IceFrog as the main developer they made a new version of Dota called Dota 2. While LoL went a mostly separate path from Dota you can still see some similarities of it's root game, but I wouldn't call it copying. Even if it was copying Guinsoo owned those assets, so he had every right to use them.

MagikarpUsedHyperBeam
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by x0xXx0x » August 9, 2017 5:16pm | Report

How did LoL copy Dota, last I checked Dota was just a mod so nobody owned it. The main developer (Guinsoo) of said mod went and developed LoL, but unlike Dota LoL went and simplified things for players, and changed most of the core mechanics. At the same time as LoL getting developed Valve went and bought Dota, and with IceFrog as the main developer they made a new version of Dota called Dota 2. While LoL went a mostly separate path from Dota you can still see some similarities of it's root game, but I wouldn't call it copying. Even if it was copying Guinsoo owned those assets, so he had every right to use them.

False! Guinsoo developed dota when it was being able to be executed by anyone that knew a bit of wc3 world editor! They copied the 5vs5... dota had 5vs5 because it was max they could achieve in the wc3 engine! Guinsoo did too little for dota..same goes for eul...icefrog is the one that truly created dota that exists nowadays...they copied the tri lane...the map how it looks...the taverns the fu cking shops most of the mechanics etc! Of course it has different heroes and a different flavor overall...but its like me and you because we like vainglory we decide to develop another game called otherwise with andifferent engine...getting the 3vs3 creating other heroes animations and graphic and call it original! It is not...its a fu cking fake...original stands for the one that was the first of its kind! The rest are just fu cking fakes...and this is a fact even if you do like it or not! I have nothing against lol i used to play it a month or so...and it didnt gave me the feeling to smash the fu cjing computer like dota did! But dota started this sh it...original is original! Fakes are fakes!
Favorite heroes: Fortress, Krul Support, Rona Support, Taka support

Favorite Skin: All Fortress Skins

Skill Tier: Vainglorious

x0xXx0x
Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved