Vainglory Forums

Rona Discussion.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by BlackLightning01 » August 2, 2015 6:15pm | Report
Rona... Is she overpowered? Is she underpowered?
Personally, I think she's just a bit on the overpowered side if she goes down the weapon path.
My main gripe about weapon Rona is the weapon ratio for Red Mist, 175%. Y'know, the terrifying spinny thing. To me, that's just insane. That high of a weapon ratio means that ability will HURT late game.
My other problem with Rona is the cooldowns. Buy a Clockwork and she'll be using Red Mist and Foesplitter every 6 seconds. Plus, like Ardan, the cooldown for Foesplitter decreases by 1 second with every basic attack.
I think that all of the damage-dealing heroes can choose to build either weapon or crystal with relative success, but the fact that the weapon ratio for Red Mist is 75% higher than the crystal ratio makes completely overshadows Crystal Rona. Yeah, there's a 200% crystal ratio on Into The Fray's rupture damage, but there's little chance you'll be able to consistenly damage enemies with the rupture.
My suggestions : Nerf the weapon ratio for red mist, and increase Foesplitter's cooldown.
Maybe it's just the heroes I play with or just me, but right now, unless you focus on her first, Rona seems to deal way too much damage in teamfights. What do you guys think?
IGN : BlackLightning01
Region : North America
Mains : Ringo, Blackfeather, Ardan
Laners : Ringo, Vox, Kestrel, Joule
Junglers : Blackfeather, Taka, Ozo, Koshka
Roamers : Ardan, Catherine, Phinn
Skill Tier (Winter Season 2016) : Simply Amazing Bronze

BlackLightning01
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » August 2, 2015 7:35pm | Report
I don't feel like she's overpowered simply because of how rarely I see her used amongst SA & pinnacle players. I almost never see her used in ranked & only occasionally in casual. Players up here tend to bandwagon any overpowered hero, & the Rona bandwagon hasn't happened yet, so yeah lol.

Her ultimate is pretty good, but it makes her a really easy target & it's easy to avoid if she doesn't have shiversteel. Even if she does get one, it takes away from the gold she could be spending on her much needed offense. She can also be pretty easy to gun down, & there's a nerf on her basic attack damage. Most Rona players choose serpent mask, which only gives her 72 damage after the reduction to 80%... Which is pretty weak imo. I can throw a serp mask on glaive & get much better results than a serp mask on Rona. A serpent mask only adds 157 WP damage to the 475 crystal on her maxed out ultimate... Not bad, & most rona's have 2 masks by the time the time they max the ult, but once you factor in armor & shield the damage really isn't that bad.

On the bright side, she hits fast & has some pretty high health & decent armor & shield. Into the fray allows for an escape or slow & foesplitter allows for a good rush. Overall though, I just don't feel like she can come up with enough damage even with her ultimate, and I feel like she's too easy of a target.

I will note that she is probably much more successful in pretty good than in simply amazing, so keep using her!
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BlackLightning01 » August 2, 2015 9:06pm | Report
Bootylicious wrote:

I don't feel like she's overpowered simply because of how rarely I see her used amongst SA & pinnacle players. I almost never see her used in ranked & only occasionally in casual. Players up here tend to bandwagon any overpowered hero, & the Rona bandwagon hasn't happened yet, so yeah lol.

Her ultimate is pretty good, but it makes her a really easy target & it's easy to avoid if she doesn't have shiversteel. Even if she does get one, it takes away from the gold she could be spending on her much needed offense. She can also be pretty easy to gun down, & there's a nerf on her basic attack damage. Most Rona players choose serpent mask, which only gives her 72 damage after the reduction to 80%... Which is pretty weak imo. I can throw a serp mask on glaive & get much better results than a serp mask on Rona. A serpent mask only adds 157 WP damage to the 475 crystal on her maxed out ultimate... Not bad, & most rona's have 2 masks by the time the time they max the ult, but once you factor in armor & shield the damage really isn't that bad.

On the bright side, she hits fast & has some pretty high health & decent armor & shield. Into the fray allows for an escape or slow & foesplitter allows for a good rush. Overall though, I just don't feel like she can come up with enough damage even with her ultimate, and I feel like she's too easy of a target.

I will note that she is probably much more successful in pretty good than in simply amazing, so keep using her!

Hmm... Well, I wouldn't really know. I haven't been playing Vainglory since the dawn of time like some people. xD
If weapon Rona isn't overpowered, though, what does that make crystal Rona? Is she underpowered or borderline, in your opinion?
IGN : BlackLightning01
Region : North America
Mains : Ringo, Blackfeather, Ardan
Laners : Ringo, Vox, Kestrel, Joule
Junglers : Blackfeather, Taka, Ozo, Koshka
Roamers : Ardan, Catherine, Phinn
Skill Tier (Winter Season 2016) : Simply Amazing Bronze

BlackLightning01
Quote | PM | +Rep by mm1990 » August 3, 2015 8:58pm | Report
definetly underpowered... too much counters ageinst her. a stun can shut your ult down pretty fast and you need to be close to someone to actually hurt them. although if youre playing with her smart and good like shinkaigen (vainglorious player) you can win with her team fights. still its better to not choose her
Skill tier: SA
Wins count: 1,100
main heroes: Cath, Celeste, Taka

mm1990
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Cheese Ausar » August 4, 2015 5:34am | Report
The only thing you should be scared of is the ult. The rest of her abilities do nothing and she can be kited easily by ANY ranged hero (except SAW, but he can kill her easily with his abilities).
a no life VG player who doesn't yell "UNSKILLED PLAY" when he dies

a jack-of-all-trades, can play pretty much any hero, but not exceptional

REMEMBER, HE HAS NO LYFE

check out my cath guide: http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/guide/caps-lock-catherine-incomplete-11533

Cheese Ausar
Remarkable (20)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Cheese Ausar » August 4, 2015 5:34am | Report
The only thing you should be scared of is the ult. The rest of her abilities do nothing and she can be kited easily by ANY ranged hero (except SAW, but he can kill her easily with his abilities).
a no life VG player who doesn't yell "UNSKILLED PLAY" when he dies

a jack-of-all-trades, can play pretty much any hero, but not exceptional

REMEMBER, HE HAS NO LYFE

check out my cath guide: http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/guide/caps-lock-catherine-incomplete-11533

Cheese Ausar
Remarkable (20)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » August 4, 2015 11:36am | Report
Good tank bad carry
I never play scaarf but I have him as my avatar to mess with people.
I am a young pizza cat, even though I hate koshka.
IGN: Yangusbeef
Rank: Pretty good. It fluctuates between bronze, silver. and gold, but I usually never go under or over that.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved