Vainglory Forums

Should I buy Phinn or Lance?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » June 6, 2016 4:50pm | Report
Got 24k glory & I need to pick another roamer. Just started playing after a couple months break, so I'm not familiar with lance, or any of the recent nerfs & buffs.

On a side note, any other of the more recently added heroes I should pick up? Kestrel, Skye, Alpha, Ozo, etc? I've been really old school when picking heroes, so I figure it'd be good to try somebody new instead of going with the usual Catherine, Ringo, or Glaive lol.
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MattRo » June 6, 2016 7:34pm | Report
Bought Phinn 2 days ago and he's a tank who can also dish out damage,if built correctly. So I would say Phinn although I haven't used lance. Have had some nice games with Phinn since, both ranked and casual.

MattRo
Quote | PM | +Rep by LukeyBoyh » June 7, 2016 10:04pm | Report
Lance is pretty good at saving lives too, if lance i suggest weapon power. His a ability can stop enemys chasing your teammates and b ability can push em away, i suggest lance, hes tanky, savy (whatever that means) and can deal some damage while at it thanks for readingggg

LukeyBoyh
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » June 8, 2016 6:02am | Report
LukeyBoyh wrote:

Lance is pretty good at saving lives too, if lance i suggest weapon power. His a ability can stop enemys chasing your teammates and b ability can push em away, i suggest lance, hes tanky, savy (whatever that means) and can deal some damage while at it thanks for readingggg

Phinn can do the exact same thing only better, his a is slow and stun, b is a displacement, c is just a huge middle finger to the enemy carries

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by gunner6666 » June 18, 2016 11:30pm | Report
Lance hands down! He's built for roam, but can tackle any role if a party member sucks or afks.

gunner6666
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » June 19, 2016 9:50am | Report
gunner6666 wrote:

Lance hands down! He's built for roam, but can tackle any role if a party member sucks or afks.

So can phinn but better

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by andrew17011 » June 30, 2016 2:22pm | Report
vikings102 wrote:

Phinn can do the exact same thing only better, his a is slow and stun, b is a displacement, c is just a huge middle finger to the enemy carries

The thing is, Lance's "A" ability has a longer range and roots enemies from level 1. Lance's "B" ability pushes enemies away, which is great if you/your teammates are being chased. With Phinn, for his "B" ability to push enemies away from your teammates while they're being chased, you need to be on the other side of them which kinda makes it hard for you to escape after your team does:|. Combat Roll is a positioning thing which can chain into Lance's "A" or "B" abilities.
Andrew17011
Graphic Designer
Got Swagger is BAE!!1!

andrew17011
Notable (6)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved