Vainglory Forums

Skaarf

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Cheese Ausar » May 27, 2015 2:29am | Report
I understand that he was weak previously, and the recent buff to Skaarf was necessary, but this is just insane...

Skaarf has become much too OP now. He can counter practically any hero except, perhaps, Catherine, Petal and Vox. His skillshot, for some reason, has a wide AOE, allowing you to be hit even if it doesn't seem like it. In late game, Spitfire will charge up Fan the Flames so much on you that nothing, not even Adagio's heals will save you. One Spitfire literally pulled me down to 2/3 HP while playing as Adagio.

Spitfire's range should be nerfed. I see no other solution in which it could be nerfed (because no one obviously wants Spitfire to reverted to its pre-buff state). Since his Spitfire has such a great range, it counters most snipers and mages while laning. Guess what? Skaarf can make the burn hurt more just with basic attacks! Fan the Flames should also have reduced damage. Burning at 80 damage per tick is no joke.
a no life VG player who doesn't yell "UNSKILLED PLAY" when he dies

a jack-of-all-trades, can play pretty much any hero, but not exceptional

REMEMBER, HE HAS NO LYFE

check out my cath guide: http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/guide/caps-lock-catherine-incomplete-11533

Cheese Ausar
Remarkable (20)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Horus_TheDragon » May 27, 2015 6:23am | Report
I don't agree with nerfing the distance, they already nerfed the other skill distance. He is strong yes but if ganked he can not do much on his own. You just need to know how to deal with him, specially if you have a hero who can stun him.
I suffered against Vox, Catherine, Joule and celeste the most. Cause celeste is OP as well.
IG: Horus_TheDragon
Region: NA
Main: Saw, Krul, Ardan
Practicing: Taka, Glaive, Koshka
Skill Tier: Not Bad
Wins: 560

Death is upon you..

Horus_TheDragon
Quote | PM | +Rep by PolaDaBear » May 27, 2015 7:15am | Report
You have to play a similar strategy against both Celeste and Skaarf. You simply have to keep moving. Celeste is predictable to play against, as long as you avoid the stars she lays down you're fine. The more you play the more you understand the distance at which she has to lay a new star and you can avoid them. Same thing with Skaarf. Keep moving back and forth not allowing him to hit you and keep the stacks going. If you think you can keep moving and predicting attacks I'd recommend boots as a your first item and if you cannot, grab a shield so as to reduce some early crystal damage.

The new Skaarf is very overwhelming, especially early game, but if you have a Glaive or Catherine on your team, his ult can be stopped immediately and he is very squishy soon after. Just keep moving around and keep an eye on the stack timer on the lower left of your screen, avoid another hit until the counter is gone and you'll be much more effective.

I agree, I don't think he should be nerfed necessarily...simply because he was just buffed. I think a large reason people think he's OP now is because he was just buffed and they are not used to his new damage output. Once the adjustment is made and people learn to counter it will be ok. (Side note I am not a Skaarf player, I have literally never played as that little dragon in a match.)

Hope that helps!

PolaDaBear
Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved