Vainglory Forums

Skaarf ez oz game

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Collossus » December 9, 2014 10:12pm | Report
Anyone else think gg when they see a skaarf on the opposing team while using ringo?

Stand behind your minions, nullify that fireball while poke hard with dice, twirling, and Achilles equals pretty much dead or fleeing skaarf who is constantly healing at base.

I spent 8k on this char though...but don't really see the strength of the char.

Collossus
Quote | PM | +Rep by longdongkim » December 9, 2014 11:04pm | Report
i can't hit an enemy with spitfire at all.... i think the fact that it needs an absolute clear path in order to reach its destination is absurd. With that said, When I target someone with spitfire, by the time the fireball travels to the target they are already somewhere else and the fire just hits the ground.

Spitfire would be much more effective if it actually follows the target with quicker speed, like the other range chr's shots. i'd much rather have less dmg and a sure hit rather than a high dmg shot that cant hit shiet.

Also, skarff is the only chr that actually require me to use both hands to play in order to be effective, which is lame.

longdongkim
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Collossus » December 9, 2014 11:15pm | Report
I think you have to anticipate where they are going to be to hit from long range. I can see a good skaarf being able to spitfire a good majority of the time. Problem I see is if you stand behind some minions you are completely free to harass.

Collossus
Quote | PM | +Rep by redraven » December 10, 2014 12:44am | Report
you can always place goop under your enemies and spitfire on it. enemy hero will burn and you can start the harrassing. I agree skaarf is not op, but remember, its a new hero.
VG professional
IGN: Redraven
role: WeaponCarry
Adagio/Taka

redraven
Quote | PM | +Rep by longdongkim » December 10, 2014 2:52am | Report
I guess support types are just not really my play style. For me its either own or get owned...now that ive tried him wish I spent the glory on Saw instead.

Regardless, thx for the tip. I like catherine as support she can make or break a game but not skaar imo.

longdongkim
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Phathom » December 10, 2014 11:13am | Report
Collossus wrote:

Anyone else think gg when they see a skaarf on the opposing team while using ringo?

Stand behind your minions, nullify that fireball while poke hard with dice, twirling, and Achilles equals pretty much dead or fleeing skaarf who is constantly healing at base.

I spent 8k on this char though...but don't really see the strength of the char.

I agree. I did the same thing playing as Ringo and owned Skaarf. But I think it's cause he's a new champ and not a lot of people really know how to use him. They just buy him thinking they'll win everygame without know how to use his skills correctly.

Quoted:

i can't hit an enemy with spitfire at all.... i think the fact that it needs an absolute clear path in order to reach its destination is absurd. With that said, When I target someone with spitfire, by the time the fireball travels to the target they are already somewhere else and the fire just hits the ground.

Spitfire would be much more effective if it actually follows the target with quicker speed, like the other range chr's shots. i'd much rather have less dmg and a sure hit rather than a high dmg shot that cant hit shiet.

Also, skarff is the only chr that actually require me to use both hands to play in order to be effective, which is lame.

Quoted:

I guess support types are just not really my play style. For me its either own or get owned...now that ive tried him wish I spent the glory on Saw instead.

Regardless, thx for the tip. I like catherine as support she can make or break a game but not skaar imo.

I don't think Skaaf is a support.. He's a mage and is a different playstyle from Adajio. And with some practice he can own a lot of the heroes. If his skill was a homing missile it wouldn't be fair. His spitfire is a skillshot so you gotta predict where the enemy will go. You just bought him so spend some time in practice mode to really get to know him.
Sniping with Ringo all day.
CHALLENGE: In your next game, only use Utility Items and Consumables (:

Phathom
Quote | PM | +Rep by Collossus » December 10, 2014 11:18am | Report
Yea once you can get up goop and set minions on fire I can see that he can lane pretty well. Problem is you'll probably take fireball for the first skill. As ringo I'll get my crit with dice and combo it with twirling all day until lvl 2. You'll definitely be behind

Collossus
Quote | PM | +Rep by sasquatch » December 17, 2014 7:28pm | Report
Pretty much every character has a couple other characters that they kills real easy. Having been playing Skaarf, Pedal is a nightmare, Ringo would be second. But if you get good at finding the right angles at the right time, Spitfire can make a nuisance to any player (except Pedal, really hard to ever get her). Also Skaarf becomes pretty good against Ringo further in the game, but still a challenge. Just gotta know what to buy being that Skaarf absorbs attacks like it's his heroic perk.
Stay Frosty

sasquatch
Quote | PM | +Rep by dream21 » December 18, 2014 12:21pm | Report
sasquatch wrote:

Pretty much every character has a couple other characters that they kills real easy. Having been playing Skaarf, Pedal is a nightmare, Ringo would be second. But if you get good at finding the right angles at the right time, Spitfire can make a nuisance to any player (except Pedal, really hard to ever get her). Also Skaarf becomes pretty good against Ringo further in the game, but still a challenge. Just gotta know what to buy being that Skaarf absorbs attacks like it's his heroic perk.

You also have to be careful near a Cath.
She'll stun you, and can even shut up your ultimate with her stun.
IGN: dream21
Region: NA

dream21
<Editor>
Notable (6)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved