Vainglory Forums

Skill Tier?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by BJARTR » February 19, 2015 5:43pm | Report
Hello,

Does anyone know or have a link to information about Skill Tier levels? I'm just having a hard time finding out the progression goals available in this game. I'd like to know where I stand. Thanks! Love this game!

BJARTR
Quote | PM | +Rep by jttm » February 19, 2015 6:44pm | Report
This is the ascending order and players start at Not Bad. Below Not Bad means you went down from your starting point and above obviously means you improved your elo.
I got this from the official reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/vainglorygame/wiki/faq

Ask Again Later
Working on it
Getting There
Not Bad (zero)
Decent-ish
Pretty Good
The Hotness
Simply Amazing
Pinnacle of Awesome
Vainglorious
(Other higher tiers?)

jttm
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BJARTR » February 20, 2015 6:59am | Report
Thank you!

BJARTR
Quote | PM | +Rep by longdongkim » February 20, 2015 8:04am | Report
Very curious about players at vainglorious... id be interested in seeing a gameplay video to see how they play.

longdongkim
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by jttm » February 20, 2015 9:41pm | Report
@long****kim
I'm not there yet btw.
they typically run consistent team comps: one carry and two supports. You'll see a lot of Catherine, Ringo, Adagio, and other strong characters. Teamplay in the early game is key. Players rush center jungle as usual.

jttm
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by longdongkim » February 21, 2015 9:57am | Report
@jttm Well that said it I think I might have been up against those teams a few times before and they played just like u mentioned. Extremely well coordinated, rush center jungle balanced team and stick together from beginning to end. Def played a few Adagios (usually weapon speed build w/ crazy kite skills) a sniper and Catherine or Glaive. They picked my teamates apart one by one and the matches usually don't go longer than 20 min :(

longdongkim
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Denni » February 21, 2015 1:27pm | Report
Hopefully the new hero Celeste will be viable at such high skill tiers. Because Taka, Skaarf or Ardan is no match for the original heros of the game. But I must admit that joule is pretty good as she is played at very high ELO games. Other than Joule the new hero ages back,all the rest either can be countered easily, be strong/weak in early/late game or just have another hero that can play the role better.

Denni
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by longdongkim » February 21, 2015 4:17pm | Report
Denni wrote:

Hopefully the new hero Celeste will be viable at such high skill tiers. Because Taka, Skaarf or Ardan is no match for the original heros of the game. But I must admit that joule is pretty good as she is played at very high ELO games. Other than Joule the new hero ages back,all the rest either can be countered easily, be strong/weak in early/late game or just have another hero that can play the role better.

I saw the Zekent stream on Friday and Celeste is pretty OP... insane damage especially her ultimate (more than Joule's I think) but extremely crunchy. Think she was made to be a good combo with Ardan.

longdongkim
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by wolf_hands » February 23, 2015 7:35am | Report
I think you're looking for the term squishy @longdonkim. Crunchy would imply the hero has some sort hardness to them (otherwise there wouldn't be a crunch).

But yes! Celeste looks amazing! Aimed properly and you might be able to snipe the enemy crystal with her Solar Storm!
IGN: wolf_hands
NA Regional Community Manager for SEMC
I'm on Twitter and Twitch too!

wolf_hands
<SEMC Staff>
Remarkable (22)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved