Vainglory Forums

So I quitted...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by CrevsDaak » October 18, 2015 2:10pm | Report
I got tired of getting bad teammates (or AFK teammates, which at least don't feed the enemy) in SoloQ.

In the last Season I played very few Ranked Matches (I got to level 10 one week before the end of S0. If you feel like level 10 is noob-ish, well, it is, but I play games seriously. On my second match (against bots, I wasn't even facing other players yet) I was already reading guides and the wiki to learn about the game), but I won most of them since I got matched with good players, and got as far as T3 Gold in a bunch of days. After that I won more than five matches and got to T3 Silver, and then I got a feeder and an AFK in the same match. After that match, the game has always matched me with terrible players... They don't buy Scout Traps nor Flares, don't engage the enemy, run away from team fights and send '?' pings on my first death, when they ran away from the enemy they fed (I'm in the LAS/LA server, where '?' is usually used as a "WTF my teammates is doing" instead pf using it right).

So yeah, here's another rant of SoloQ hate. When I play normals I tend to get good players from time to time, but most of the time they're on the enemy team :(

And, to add up, there's basically no one I can play with (such as a friend or someone from here), and SoloQ sucks, hence why I quitted. I only play LoL because a bunch of friends do, and the matchings there are usually pretty good (not the players... They're mostly flamers, so you got 'em cursing the whole match but maybe they play OK and you still win). If anyone wants to add me, my name is the same as my username. I'm a you-name-it-I-play-it, but I'm better with Glaive/Koshka/Catherine/Taka than the rest.

TL;DR SoloQ and the matching system suck.

CrevsDaak
Quote | PM | +Rep by Ouroboro » October 19, 2015 10:51am | Report
I do believe the matchmaking is horrid. Having great karma, you would think you would get more of a reward other than a karma bonus. I would have hoped that I would get teamed with others with great karma (the people who earned their karma through commitment). Yet, I seem to run into AFK'ers. Anyone can have a problem with their net. I did once. Thankfully I got back in the match quickly enough. Maybe took within 2 minutes (though someone might have still dishonored me going from great to good karma at the time).

Anyway, AFK'ers come through from time to time. I really haven't been in a match in awhile with one. I managed to make it to Decent-ish in Solo Queue. I'm sure I could go further, but it'll come to a halt soon, I'm sure, seeing as higher tiered people probably have some sort of 3rd party communication and/or playing in the same room together, which is a massive advantage.

Also, though your support might not be buying or using mines/flares does not mean that you're stuck without vision control. As a laner or jungler, you're able to buy them, as well. It'll keep you out of danger for a small price. Buy the time you'll need your sixth slot, you should be more durable, at least. And if you don't feel up to the task of buying these items to keep vision control as a laner or jungler, then set your priorities in hero select as ROAM for your team. If you can help your team better than the supports you've been playing with, then prove it by playing a support. I have to do the same at times. Many times I have a support rushing war horn and neglecting keeping vision control. So, I end up prioritizing a support hero because I know what needs to be done and what items I'll need to counter the enemy for the team.
IGN: Ouroboro

"Engage people with what they expect; it is what they are able to discern and confirms their projections. It settles them into predictable patterns of response, occupying their minds while you wait for the extraordinary moment — that which they cannot anticipate." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War-

Ouroboro
Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved