Vainglory Forums

So many ruined matches...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by vertig0gitrev » February 7, 2015 5:50am | Report
What's the deal as of late?! I think I've only had about 1 in every 10 games that hasn't been screwed by someone dropping out. Is it something with the update (new connection requirements or something) or are people just being a-holes?

vertig0gitrev
Quote | PM | +Rep by DoudJr » February 7, 2015 7:53am | Report
A bit of both I would say...
The matchmaking system has changed apparently since the last update, the developpers don't say a whole lot about this update to prevent players from abusing it, but we know a few things :
This update has kind of reset players. The new system has changed its way to judge each player, and because of it there will be quite a time for the new system to be as good as before, but in the end it will be way better since it will be way much more precise. They did it for the long term... So just hold on, the more you'll play, the better it will be since the system will make you play with players who don't AFK etc... Now it is just a bit lost
But, in the end, it's still the players who AFK, not the system, that's why I would say "a bit of both"
IGN : DoudJr
Region: EU
Main: SAW, Catherine
Practicing: Adagio, Petal
Skill Tier : Simply Amazing

DoudJr
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Elandriel » February 7, 2015 2:24pm | Report
It's a shame because 4/5 games I get paired with Jungling ringos, koshkas building all defense items, people who all build reflex block with opponents that have no stuns, etc. My k/d ratio has decreased dramatically since the release because I have 0 support from my teammates. I understand we don't live in a perfect world, and I don't mind being patient, but Jesus christ it's frustrating.
Celeste/Krul/Glaive
Highest Tier: Simply Amazing
Wins: 375+

Elandriel
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Dreamwar » February 7, 2015 3:42pm | Report
Very frustrating! Various match with AFKs or worse! Even I lost a range skill because I didn't get support team. Sometimes they run away or stayed moved on Base. If any member decide not play the others must get the opportunity to surrender without lose skill or karma. I was "The hotness" and I was demoted to "pretty good", but the worst it is that you can't enjoy the game. Solution: if the team are just two (and it isn't a party) get the opportunity to finish (not surrender) without penalization.
IGN : Dreamwar
Main: Catherine, Adagio, Ardan, Saw.
Secondary: Glaive, Saw, Ringo.
Karma Level: 20
Skill Tier : The Hotness

Dreamwar
Quote | PM | +Rep by g1mmetheg10ry » February 7, 2015 5:00pm | Report
i was in between the "hotness" and "pretty good" tier for several weeks now. My karma is 19 but i still see a lot of AFKs and even more feeders after the update

g1mmetheg10ry
Quote | PM | +Rep by booyatribe » February 7, 2015 8:19pm | Report
DoudJr wrote:

A bit of both I would say...
The matchmaking system has changed apparently since the last update, the developpers don't say a whole lot about this update to prevent players from abusing it, but we know a few things :
This update has kind of reset players. The new system has changed its way to judge each player, and because of it there will be quite a time for the new system to be as good as before, but in the end it will be way better since it will be way much more precise. They did it for the long term... So just hold on, the more you'll play, the better it will be since the system will make you play with players who don't AFK etc... Now it is just a bit lost
But, in the end, it's still the players who AFK, not the system, that's why I would say "a bit of both"

I'm glad I came to the forum to read this. I thought I was going crazy!
IGN: booyatribe
Region: NA
Karma level: 20
Skill Tier: "Decent-ish"
Main: Adagio
Okay: Koshka and Krull

booyatribe
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Raikaz » February 8, 2015 1:34am | Report
What happens if there is a choice for you to choose before a match starts to fight in a 2vs2 or 3vs3 match (Public Match)?

Raikaz
Quote | PM | +Rep by Dreamwar » February 8, 2015 9:50am | Report
In a party you can choose whatever you want. I'd fought one party 2vs2 and I'd whatched streaming 2vs1. Even the other day, because a AFK player I played 3vs2 and finally we won! unbelievable!But these days are horrible, too much AFKs, Guests and rookies!
IGN : Dreamwar
Main: Catherine, Adagio, Ardan, Saw.
Secondary: Glaive, Saw, Ringo.
Karma Level: 20
Skill Tier : The Hotness

Dreamwar

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved