Vainglory Forums

so what about gayfeather

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by SilverBeard » November 6, 2016 5:02am | Report
so is gayfeather going to get nurfed because he is so overpowered as **** right now and his c ability is not ****ing fun at all,

SilverBeard
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BLG3RNT » November 6, 2016 8:02am | Report
Doubtful. They just buffed Serpents Mask a couple updates ago because they wanted to bring him back into the meta. You'll just have to counter him.
IGN: BLG3RNT
Region: NA
Coach for Nova Esports
Imma Roam Main

BLG3RNT
<Editor>
Remarkable (44)
Quote | PM | +Rep by SilverBeard » November 6, 2016 9:22am | Report
counter him with what exactly i tried ardan,lance, and cathrine no use he kills me like there is no armor and shield maybe its time to start learning blackfeather to counter him

SilverBeard
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BLG3RNT » November 6, 2016 12:03pm | Report
I can understand your frustration. I have a teammate who plays BF fairly well, and I watch him regularly 1v2 teams. Occasionally he'll pull off a 1v3.

Understanding the character is key to defeating a character. BF's strength is in his stacks. Similar to Krul, and to a lesser extent Reim. The more you brawl with him the stronger he gets. There are very few characters in the game that can 1v1 Blackfeather, it usually takes a team focus. Remember it's a team game, not three separate 1v1 games. I don't intend this to sound condescending, I know you likely already know this, but many of us forget this. We also allow ego to get in the way and want to be that grandmaster 1v1 amazing player. I am constantly having to remind one of my teammates that when we are in a situation where he is struggling and getting wrecked by the other team he needs to change his play style. Become more patient and wait for the rest of us to rotate.

Stuns and silences can help, and also kiting.

Focus Blackfeather at the beginning of a team fight. Make sure your frontline keeps him away from your backline, which is easier said than done. Make sure your backline is staying on the backline. Double and triple comps can help. That way if he uses his C to escape a stun or a root, you can follow it up with another. Be patient and wait to see him use his C, that way you know he only has 1 in the bank, so if he escapes a stun with that last C, you can quickly follow it up with another.

Atlas can help slow how fast he can get his stacks up.

As far as characters who can specifically give him issues Skye is a good one, it's very hard for BF to keep up with Skye. When he jumps her with his A she can suri strike away to avoid further damage. Then she can kite him with Forward Barrage when he pursues.

Samuel can kite him pretty well, but needs someone like Lance or Phinn to peel for him when Blackfeather closes.

Fortress can counter him fairly well by applying bleed with Law of the Claw, and Attack of the Pack. Attack of the pack gives him a second target that he needs to pay attention to. As BF focuses one target, Fortress can trigger Attack of the Pack, and follow by attacking himself, effectively giving Blackfeather a 3v1, which the wolf from Attack of the Pack, and Fortress using Law of the Claw applying bleeding stacks.

Kestrel with her burst damage from Glimmershot can burst him down really quickly especially if she can lure him into her mist.

Celeste if she can stay on the backline can pepper him with Heliogenesis from extreme range, and can also stun with core collapse.

Petal can be extremely effective against him, and very underrated. Petal is amazingly at kiting. Attack him so her munions are focused on him, and then run away. The range in which her munions can follow is extreme, and her escape with Trampoline is great. Lay down seeds so if he pursues the seeds explode and keep him back. Petal destroys characters like Krul and Reim who you want to stay away from.

A CP Baron can really stay at range and focus him while he's fighting through the frontline and can really escape with his Jump Jets.

Of course all of this depends on your ability to skillfully use these characters. He is much like the characters I've mentioned previously: Krul & Reim where you want your range character to take them out rather than getting into a brawl with him.
IGN: BLG3RNT
Region: NA
Coach for Nova Esports
Imma Roam Main

BLG3RNT
<Editor>
Remarkable (44)
Quote | PM | +Rep by SilverBeard » November 6, 2016 4:32pm | Report
i don't have any problems as a laner against blackfeather i can also kill him with petal its until yesterday i realized how powerful petal is,my problem is when playing support or jungle you can kill him the first 4 encounters but then he becomes overpowered,the blackfeather i played against bought 2 crystal stuff but not one single item that can increase his damage and then bought all the other slots were stacked with utilities

SilverBeard
Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved