Vainglory Forums

Some general questions that irk me

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Keefur » December 26, 2014 10:49am | Report
I am writing about some bugs/problems/unusual events I have witnessed in Vainglory. Please feel free to comment on these or if you have experienced any of the same.

1) Today, both teams had two junglers and 1 laner. The junglers met in the middle, both of us were level 1, both of them were level 2. For my team, both of us killed the same amount of mobs (1 healer and 2 of the others), so how could they BOTH be one level above us? The whole match went that way, at the end they were all level 12 and our highest was 9.

2) Why does my hero sometimes walk? Have seen this with several heroes (Glaive, Cath, Adagio, Taka). Happens in battle and while just moving in the lane. The hero just starts walking, slowly, like I have no boots on whatsoever, and regardless of what type of boot I have. Thought only a wound up SAW moved slowly.

3) Minions and grass will limit some heroes. Have seen Cath "trip" over these MULTIPLE times while trying to use her slam. Have missed kills/escapes because of it. She kinda jiggles back and forth and does nothing in the direction I have put her. Have seen a Krul trying to tap me do the same thing in the lane; he was held back by the minions. It is a big disadvantage to those two heroes.

4) Is there some random effect going on with the heroes? Sometimes my hero hits harder and faster, heals at the right moment, levels faster, moves faster, etc. in short feels much better than usual. Other times, it is the opposite and someone else looks awesome compared to what I am doing (see #1 above). Note - I play 2 heroes well, know my limitations on others, and know what lag looks like, so please no comments on "You don't know your hero yet" or "Your system is lagging". There are times I feel like the outcome of a match has little to do with the players and more to do with some random effect. If you have noticed an effect like this, please respond!

5) Hero pathing around the walls separating the lane and the jungle needs some work. I try and make sure I am very specific when going around/thru these.

6) Why does the NA server's day begin around 19:00 hours?

Keefur
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Keefur » December 26, 2014 2:00pm | Report
Just an add on - the level thing happened again. A teammate and I went into the jungle, he killed a heal and two mobs, as did I. He was level 2 and I was level 1 after this. Then we killed a Krul, I got last hit, and was still level 1. Do different heroes level differently? Does your equipment matter?

Keefur
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Zaffre » December 26, 2014 6:46pm | Report
1.) Never experienced this, but I've got two possibilities in mind:
a.) They hid in lane for a bit and snagged a few bit of exp from dead creeps.
b.) They killed your creep camp near the shop at the 45 sec mark. Note that jungle creeps spawn at 45 secs, so they probably went there early, led them to the bushes so you'd think they haven't spawned yet, and killed them there?

2.) Not really sure about this. I don't quite know what you mean. Maybe you can record it so we can see?

3.) Yeah I kinda have issues with Catherine's slam also but it's different from yours. Mine is more about the lag. If it would help, just click them for autoattack first before slamming, instead of clicking on the slam skill and they selecting your target.

Sometimes when I play Catherine and I'm autoattacking something, I click slam, she does the animation, hits, but DOESN'T STUN. It's weird and annoying really.

4.) Not quite sure what you mean about this. My heroes have been consistent unless there's terrible lag.

5.) True. I agree with this, especially in the jungle walls.

6.) I don't know, sorry. The devs prolly live in NA?
IGN: Zaffre
Region: Southeast Asia (SEA)
Main: Catherine, Ringo
Skill tier: Pretty Good
Karma level: 11

Zaffre
Notable (12)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Zaffre » December 26, 2014 6:47pm | Report
Anyone correct me if I'm wrong here, but killing a hero doesn't give exp.

Zaffre
Notable (12)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Keefur » December 27, 2014 5:22pm | Report
The Catherine thing happened again, 5 times in two games. Hit slam, she glides...and stops. Usually right before hitting. Cath is my best hero and Ive done her a lot, so it wasn't like she ran out of range, the enemy hero was pretty close in each instance.

And here is a bump to the top over the Korean spam!

Keefur
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Zaffre » December 28, 2014 12:36am | Report
You sure it's not the lag though? The only time that happens to me is when I lag o-o

Might I suggest updating and playing on ios 8? Maybe that will improve it?

Zaffre
Notable (12)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Acooookiejar » December 28, 2014 12:37am | Report
It's not lag. You just suck. I never ever get lag
Character: adagio
Karma level: 13
Need a serious team.
Text me 623 340 9041
Ps.. Domt text me for fun. Text or call for serious game discussions. I'm tired of wasting my time with randoms and unserious players

Oh and for everyone posting their kill death ratio... Post yer assists as well. They probably suck. You probably go jungle with war horns. And let yourself lose the game so you can come on here and say.... Guys! I went 50-0 with koshka
Also... Anyone bragging about karma level and amount of wins..... I dare you to make a new account and only play adagio... See how badly you get raped

Acooookiejar
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Keefur » December 28, 2014 5:17am | Report
I am on ios 8, only play on a tablet using house WiFi, so lag is a rare thing too.

Thanks for your valuable input, Acooookiejar. I can tell you are really cool.

Zaff, I got your hit-but-not-slam thing too today. Went looking for a bug report place but could not find one, do you know where we would go to report potential bugs?

Keefur
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Zaffre » December 28, 2014 6:40am | Report
This is the proper forum for bug reports :D

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/site-support

Zaffre
Notable (12)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Zaffre » December 28, 2014 6:42am | Report
I played Catherine today without lag and I did just fine. I didn't encounter anything I usually encounter. Sooo I'm sorry I'm not much of help >.<

Zaffre
Notable (12)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved