Vainglory Forums

Some ultimates don't work

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Magnus0 » May 3, 2015 7:28am | Report
sometimes I have a perfect opportunity to get a kill with my ultimate, so I tap that beautiful ultimate button to unleash my wrath, but it just doesn't work and I end up getting killed. When you tap the ultimate button, your character just stands still and does nothing, like if you are afk. As far as I know, this happens with big red button, x-retsu and rune of judgement. It's extremely annoying when you want to kill a stunned enemy with big red button, but Joule just stops and does nothing while you see the enemy escape. Please let me know what causes this bug, and if there is a way to fix it.

Magnus0
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by nporaMep » May 3, 2015 7:33am | Report
if your ult was not launched, but you started casting it and you got stunned sometimes you get 40 sec cooldown visually and in fact, but sometimes you get it visually, but in fact it takes full ult cooldown until you can use it again.

nporaMep
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by fibonacci » May 3, 2015 8:43am | Report
I've had this happen also, and there was no stun involved. I'll tap ultimate, tap destination and nothing happens. Hard to tell if it's a bug or hardware issue. The only things I know to try are:
• clean my screen
• tap slower and more deliberate
• trim fingernails :-)

fibonacci
Quote | PM | +Rep by fibonacci » May 3, 2015 8:20pm | Report
This just happened to me again. I know there was no stun involved because I was at home base, coming off re-spawn. The Kraken was at our crystal, I touched x-retsu and then touched the Kraken. The Kraken highlighted underneath him, so I know I just touched him. And Taka just stood there. Until I realized something was wrong. I frantically started touching to move to the Kraken, touched x-retsu, then Kraken and it worked.

fibonacci
Quote | PM | +Rep by ShanSMT » May 3, 2015 10:49pm | Report
I know a solution,,, just like what fibonacci said make suire your fingers are trimmed and your screen isn't sweaty and same goes to your finger. And make sure when tapping use your skin.. Its just the hardware trust me
IGN: GodlyAssault
Region: South East Asia
Main Hero: Catherine/Koshka/Adagio
Skill Tier: Decent-ish
Karma Level: 3
Wins: 10

ShanSMT
Quote | PM | +Rep by Magnus0 » May 4, 2015 12:01am | Report
ShanSMT wrote:

I know a solution,,, just like what fibonacci said make suire your fingers are trimmed and your screen isn't sweaty and same goes to your finger. And make sure when tapping use your skin.. Its just the hardware trust me

Thank you. I never touch the screen with my fingernails, so that is not what causes the problem for me. But my screen is indeed a bit dirty or sweaty sometimes. So I guess cleaning my screen will help solve the problem.

Magnus0
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Astrianna » May 4, 2015 9:46am | Report
I'd respectfully beg to differ with everyone that the only issue here is grimy fingers and screens (although yes, they do make a difference). I filed a bug over on the main VG forums (http://forums.vainglorygame.com/index.php?threads/koshkas-pouncy-fun-doesnt-work-on-kraken.16678/#post-170443) for Koshka's skills not working correctly on the Kraken, and it looks like other contributors later reported similar problems with Taka's X-Retsu. VG's developers did acknowledge the issue too, so probably sit tight, get around it for now, and wait for a fix?
IGN: Astrianna (NA)
Best Skill Level Achieved: Simply Amazing Bronze
Karma Level: 20
Best Heroes: Vox, Taka, Fortress
Training Heroes: Celeste, Rona

"How many Saws does it take to- one to instalock."

Astrianna
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Idomeneas » May 5, 2015 5:38am | Report
Had the same issue several times a few days ago with Ringo. And with my iPad screen I'm a cleaning freak (as with my hands of course) so dirty is not the case. Propably there was a bug. Now it looks ok.

Idomeneas
Quote | PM | +Rep by JustinJr » May 7, 2015 12:41am | Report
I've had this happen to me a few times but not just on an ult, it's been on Ardans vanguard. In the middle of a team I would try to vanguard a teammate and he would just studder and nothing would happen. I'm sure it's not a hardware issue because it's happened on both my iPad Air 2 and my iPad Mini 3. And no there wasn't a stun involved in any of the cases I'm talking about either :/

JustinJr
IGN: JustinJr
Server: EU
Tier: PoA

JustinJr
Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved