Vainglory Forums

Something that make a good game pointless

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedric » February 8, 2015 9:21am | Report
I have played this game for two month and I found it frustrating so far.
There are a couple of contributing factors I concluded:
1. Of course, player quitting match ruin the game. But don't blame players, there are fundamental flaw in the game matching mechanism that MAKE player quitting the game:
Guess what? You are assigned with teamates who don't even buy any gear throughout the match Or with wrong set of gear. Don't blame players, blame the game. This game need to work on assigning players who know the basics of the game into a match in order for a valid match. My suggestion is to keep record of Players' performance such as win/lose ratio, or kill/death ratio as criteria for hosting valid match.
2. How many player are frustrated by the Communication system in this game? I guess many.
Because Communication in this game is somewhat flawed. You have a "go" button, and a "avoid" button, which sounds logical, right? Not so, in fact, the two button/two choices, as a method of only way of communicating in this game, is highly ambiguous and confounding. Not mentioning they don't register sometime when you click them, actually they don't provide a valid communication for a couple of reasons:
a) communication in this game don't indicate who send what message. Still sounds no big deal? But actually in communicating among three persons, when there is no way to tell who send the already ambiguous message, there can't be a clear or satisfactory communication. How about indicating who send what message?
b) Communication usually result in ambiguity and confounder due to falsification in communication system in the game. it is a good game but how about give us a set of more clear options for sending message such as "yes" "no" "good job" "sorry"" thank you" etc., also sometime we want to speak to other side of team, and please let us make the communication valid and clear or not make it at all.
3. I think the game could adopt some enlightenment in order to shed light on something we want to know as players. If so, We need the right to manifest which players we like and which players we don't like. That can also be a criteria additional to win/loss ratio and kill/death ratio, in order for identifying how a player is : a likable " team players" or disputable "antagonist".
In addition to players' performance, displaying each players' internet latency can help us a lot in understanding how a player is doing. after all, Internet latency speak most for a result whether win or lose, whether kill or be killed apart from a player's gaming awareness and clicking skill.
4. how many player ever clicked same ability button more than once in order to use an ability of hero? I guess many. Because skill buttons don't register sometime. I suggest that the ability interface to be 100% effective so that we know it is not players' fault.
5. Another criteria for the game to host a match:
When you play this game with above 200ms latency, it becomes disturbingly unfair. You can't succeed in chasing down opponent because of the lag. I hope there is a way the game can buff the lag or simply assigning players into a match by also matching their latency, just in order to be fair.
Or simply prevent player with beyond certain latency to play. Please do it well, or don't do it at all.
6. Is it possible to have a after-solution when player leaves match? Such as buff remaining players' hero when there is player leaving?

Currently, this game feels like useless, as the result of some match is decided within 5 minutes after starting the game, because your teamate dont respond to any "communication" and is like 0/10/0, what can you do when you are in a team with Such players? Let them screw us over? Please, game developer, why do players quit? I suggest considering how to asign a valid match, and facilitate valid communication.

I think this game could be better if improved, for everyone.

Thank you.
Sincerely

Fedric
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by DoudJr » February 8, 2015 10:48am | Report
After reading what I just read, I would personnally have only one answer for you : stop playing this game since it is "useless".
"Don't blame the players, blame the game" Hahaha
Anyway, I'll give a more serious answer :

1- Great idea. I love it. But... Wait, would it already be in the game ? Wouldn't the skill tier be the results of win/loss ratio ? Oh yes, it is.
Now for the Kill/death ratio. Great idea too. Implant a kill/death ratio and the word "support" hero will disapear from this game. Everyone will insta lock the heroes with kill potential. That would be so great, why didn't they thought about it ?
But damn, you are right, it's the game's fault if newbies are newbies. It's the game's fault if bad players are bad. Logic at its finest.

2- I'll start by saying that they are working on new ways to communicate. Please do some research before talking about what you do not know, thank you.
Now, onto the pings' cooldown. You're right, preventing players from spamming pings is a terrible idea, I miss the times when players spammed pings all over the map, it was so much fun.

3- Nope, you'll never have the right to refuse facing a player just because you don't like him/her. Just making this clear.
Why ? Well, it's simple. The best players would be banned from this game since nobody would want to face them, the bad players wouldn't have a chance to improve themselves since nobody would play with them. No good players, no bad players. Great matchmaking system indeed !
Player's internet speed has nothing to with his teammates. Nothing at all. It doesn't appear in League of Legends, or DOTA or any MOBA for a reason. You don't like that fact ? Please stop playing this game, thank you.

4- The ability's interface has no problem for 99% of the players, if yours has problem, check your internet speed. Thank you

5- "Buff the lag" Hahahaha. Sorry. Sure, Vainglory should pay to improve the players' internet speed, how dare they didn't already do it ?! More seriously, if you suffer from lag, it's coming from your device, not their servers.
Now, how do you think the game could guess which player will have lag issues during a game. Lag isn't a constant data, it appears, goes away, appears, etc... You cant' guess when it will happen or even if it will happen. Meaning you can't punish someone for his internet's speed.

6- A buff ? You mean making those 2 players even stronger ? Nope, a 2vs3 match will always be unfair, weither it will be because of a buff or because of the AFK player. When a player is AFK, just surrender at the 15 mins mark. As simple as that, becausz there isn't any other solution.

"Please, game developer, why do players quit?"
You know what, this sentence is enough to judge your logic. Linking the AFK players to the developpers is... Dumb, I can't see any other words to fit this situation.

I'll conclude with this
If you feel mad, or you time is being wasted, don't blame the game, blame the players or stop playing the game (please choose this one).

Thank you
IGN : DoudJr
Region: EU
Main: SAW, Catherine
Practicing: Adagio, Petal
Skill Tier : Simply Amazing

DoudJr
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedric » February 8, 2015 11:24am | Report
Doudjr, with all due respect, you didn't understand what I said,regarding most of the points I try to make. No need to talk to me with such insulting manner.
I didn't say the game is "useless", I said,"currently, it feels useless" after giving all constructive reasons as well as all my best wishes for the game to improve.
I have spent time giving my feedback, please RESPECT that!
and I am TRYING to be constructive!

Fedric
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by DoudJr » February 8, 2015 12:14pm | Report
Fedric wrote:

Doudjr, with all due respect, you didn't understand what I said,regarding most of the points I try to make. No need to talk to me with such insulting manner.
I didn't say the game is "useless", I said,"currently, it feels useless" after giving all constructive reasons as well as all my best wishes for the game to improve.
I have spent time giving my feedback, please RESPECT that!
and I am TRYING to be constructive!

Oh, I did understand. I do understand when you're saying "Don't blame the players, blame the game" as if it was the developpers' fault. Your feedback is just an accusation of the developper's work. I developped my points, with sarcasm indeed, but they are developped. I used sarcasm because it appeared, in my opinion, as non-sense. For example, saying bad players should be matched with bad players is just... Non-sense. If a player was carried to every victory he had, there is no way to prevent him to be matched with good players. Once again, I developped my points. If you wish to have more opinions on those matters, go here : http://forums.vainglorygame.com/index.php
The developpers are often active on this forum, they may answer to you. Moreover you'll have a search button, so that you can see what players think of those points. There is even a sub-forum just for the players' opinion on the matchmaking system, you'll fit just right in there.
You're trying indeed, but I told why those points were, in my opinion, impossible.
I apologize for my sarcasms, but I just can't contain myself when I see things as "Don't blame the players, blame the game". The developpers are offering us a MOBA for free waaay better than any MOBA on IOS, they are listening to us, talking and playing with us, spending their own free time with us, spending whole nights at their office just to provide us new features. All of that, for free. They work very hard on their game, that's why I'm mad when I read such words.
IGN : DoudJr
Main: SAW, Catherine
Practicing: Adagio, Petal
Skill Tier : Simply Amazing

DoudJr
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedric » February 8, 2015 2:25pm | Report
Doudjr, I see. But I still think you misunderstand my points. And i didnt intend for any misunderstanding and I am sorry if anything I said were offensive!
I didn't say bad player should match with bad player at all. Please give citation of where did I suggest bad player match with bad player?
I only suggested there should be a like bar for player, showing how many likes or dislike a player may receive as a evaluation from other players whom one had teamed up with in the past. In that way, we will have some perception about players regarding their popularity, in addition to their performance as a manifestation.
However, all those are only my opinion, and my personal reflection as a human being, which dedicate to and intend for understanding and sharing, or some constructive feedback and NOT for anybody to misunderstand, or to insult, because I didn't lose anything,instead, it is the one who misunderstand loses something. And I feel sorry for those loss due to imprudence.
I did not do this to prove anything beyond my own, but I intend to share my own opinion. Do you understand what break bread is?
There is nobody on earth that want negativity, trust me, if you feel offended by some words I use, and unsure about it, you could always ASK before you insult someone.
I still do, expect positivity from sincere hearts of other human being, even from you, I am not perfect as a human being, if you want to pick on me and insult me, you will always succeed, but I don't think you can gain anything from doing so but to lose the essence of humanity. I encourage you to be patient with me and I hope I can also be imparted something from you.

Best
Sincerely

Fedric
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Fenelia » February 8, 2015 6:54pm | Report
Fedric wrote:

I have played this game for two month and I found it frustrating so far.
There are a couple of contributing factors I concluded:
1. Of course, player quitting match ruin the game. But don't blame players, there are fundamental flaw in the game matching mechanism that MAKE player quitting the game:
Guess what? You are assigned with teamates who don't even buy any gear throughout the match Or with wrong set of gear. Don't blame players, blame the game. This game need to work on assigning players who know the basics of the game into a match in order for a valid match. My suggestion is to keep record of Players' performance such as win/lose ratio, or kill/death ratio as criteria for hosting valid match.
2. How many player are frustrated by the Communication system in this game? I guess many.
Because Communication in this game is somewhat flawed. You have a "go" button, and a "avoid" button, which sounds logical, right? Not so, in fact, the two button/two choices, as a method of only way of communicating in this game, is highly ambiguous and confounding. Not mentioning they don't register sometime when you click them, actually they don't provide a valid communication for a couple of reasons:
a) communication in this game don't indicate who send what message. Still sounds no big deal? But actually in communicating among three persons, when there is no way to tell who send the already ambiguous message, there can't be a clear or satisfactory communication. How about indicating who send what message?
b) Communication usually result in ambiguity and confounder due to falsification in communication system in the game. it is a good game but how about give us a set of more clear options for sending message such as "yes" "no" "good job" "sorry"" thank you" etc., also sometime we want to speak to other side of team, and please let us make the communication valid and clear or not make it at all.
3. I think the game could adopt some enlightenment in order to shed light on something we want to know as players. If so, We need the right to manifest which players we like and which players we don't like. That can also be a criteria additional to win/loss ratio and kill/death ratio, in order for identifying how a player is : a likable " team players" or disputable "antagonist".
In addition to players' performance, displaying each players' internet latency can help us a lot in understanding how a player is doing. after all, Internet latency speak most for a result whether win or lose, whether kill or be killed apart from a player's gaming awareness and clicking skill.
4. how many player ever clicked same ability button more than once in order to use an ability of hero? I guess many. Because skill buttons don't register sometime. I suggest that the ability interface to be 100% effective so that we know it is not players' fault.
5. Another criteria for the game to host a match:
When you play this game with above 200ms latency, it becomes disturbingly unfair. You can't succeed in chasing down opponent because of the lag. I hope there is a way the game can buff the lag or simply assigning players into a match by also matching their latency, just in order to be fair.
Or simply prevent player with beyond certain latency to play. Please do it well, or don't do it at all.
6. Is it possible to have a after-solution when player leaves match? Such as buff remaining players' hero when there is player leaving?

Currently, this game feels like useless, as the result of some match is decided within 5 minutes after starting the game, because your teamate dont respond to any "communication" and is like 0/10/0, what can you do when you are in a team with Such players? Let them screw us over? Please, game developer, why do players quit? I suggest considering how to asign a valid match, and facilitate valid communication.

I think this game could be better if improved, for everyone.

Thank you.
Sincerely
IGN: Fenelia
Main: Koshka
Skill Tier: Terribad :(

Fenelia
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Fenelia » February 8, 2015 6:55pm | Report
*yaaaaaawn* tl;dr
IGN: Fenelia
Main: Koshka
Skill Tier: Terribad :(

Fenelia
Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved