Vainglory Forums

Strategy Question (or two)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by DrScience » June 18, 2015 8:02am | Report
Hello all, I have seen players in games go both ways on some early game strategies and was wondering if I could get some input:

1) where should junglers go early in game?
I have seen many players attempt to go straight to enemy jungle at the start of the game and I think this is a poor decision. Attempting to invade the other teams jungle usually ends in a battle with the other team that, even if your team wins results in very little gold and also takes you away from easy farming on your own side. Also with the minions appearing at 30 seconds, you are spending time walking to the other jungle, when you could be earning gold and exp in your own jungle without having to deal with enemies.

2) minion mines - to capture or not?
Some players seem to get frustrated when a teammate takes the mine early in the game, however, I believe this strategy must be determined based on the specific circumstances of the game you are playing. For example - with only one player in the lane vs 2 opponent laners, there is no need to capture the mine as your player will mainly be defending your turret and not attacking. This will allow that player to earn as much gold as possible, strengthening your team later in the game. However if your laner is attempting to push the opposing team back and potentially take a turret out early in the game (pre-kraken) having one or both minion mines can be helpful while also providing gold to the jungle player(s)

Anyway, I'd be happy to hear feedback/opinions on these points. Thanks all!

DrScience
Quote | PM | +Rep by nporaMep » June 18, 2015 7:19pm | Report
Invade may be ok, it is all about difference in gold/exp, not in gold/exp in absolute value.
So if you kill enemies - you get 300 gold for a team, you get 3 mobs in enemy jungle for a team. Enemy team loses 3 mobs in their jungle. So it means you'll get lvl 3 faster than enemy team, but it doesn't mean you get lvl 3 faster than if you farm.

nporaMep
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by DrScience » June 18, 2015 7:26pm | Report
That makes sense. The only counter I have is that your team doesn't always win the fight, and if you lose, or even if it ends 50/50, your team is being hurt. Whereas gold in your own jungle is guaranteed.

DrScience
Quote | PM | +Rep by wolf_hands » June 19, 2015 9:31am | Report
@DrScience 1) For those early jungle invades, players are trying to gain an advantage, like what @nporaMep said. The larger amounts of gold from jungle camps have been shifted to the camps closest to the bases. Only attempt an invade if you feel your team comp has a strong early game presence. Otherwise, making sure you farm properly is more important.

2) You were absolutely right, it depends on the match at hand. By capturing the MM you give extra gold to your enemy laner(s). You want to pick it up when there's no other good objective to capture AND your team/laner wants to push down the lane. Ping the MM with a ? to see if they want to take it. They should give a GO ping, smile, or OK back.
IGN: wolf_hands
NA Regional Community Manager for SEMC
I'm on Twitter and Twitch too!

wolf_hands
<SEMC Staff>
Remarkable (22)
Quote | PM | +Rep by KingKush » June 19, 2015 11:01am | Report
1. Early jungle invade I feel are bad because you don't gain much exp and gold from killing enemy heirs early game. Minion are worth more than heroes early game so it's best to avoid confrontation. You lose out on too much gold trying to start a fight in the beginning. I've seen many team fights lost because we were aggressive and tried to invade and we got killed and then they 3v2 you in your own jungle and push you out and they farm out the entire jungle buy items and try to get as much of your jungle again before retreating and by them they have a big gold advantage and items. But that's just from my experience but I usually play as taka or saw so taka is weak early game anyway and as saw im usually last to the battle so it might just be the heroes I pick.

I would saw depending on your laner and the opponents laner don't go for the minion mine. It varies Match to match but generally avoid it. If you have a strong laner like celeste or saw then never get the minion mines ever unless they suck and keep dying because this lets your laner gain a lot of gold even if he kills a few minions and the turrets take care of the rest. This is because they're minions are stronger and worth more gold so your laner gains gold faster than the opponents giving your team the advantage. If you have a celeste it's the best. Let the opponents take both minion mines and if she plays smart you will annihilate the opponents team

KingKush

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved