Vainglory Forums

Stutterstepping?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Zephyr404 » March 5, 2015 8:31am | Report
So I'm in the "Not Bad" tier, and I've been hearing a lot about 'stutterstepping' to increase attack speed. How would I do this with the mages (preferably Skaarf)?
Name: Zephyr404
Level: 6
Main: Skaarf
Secondary: Celeste
Practicing: Koshka

Average K/D/A: 11/4/8

Zephyr404
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Elandriel » March 5, 2015 8:39am | Report
They removed the speed bonus to stutterstepping. But it does let you kite, and I even do it with melee characters in order to hit and move in the same direction as the running enemy. If you simply auto attack / auto path, your character will fall behind when it stops to hit.

The idea is that you tap on the enemy to initiate the attack, and immediately tap on the ground to move, before the attack animation can carry out. The system registers the attack, it just doesn't animate, and then your ground tap forces the system to register a movement. It's subtle, but it's huge. Tap enemy, tap ground to move, tap enemy, tap ground to move. You have to always keep in mind your attack speed, if you move before your attack global cooldown is up, you won't attack. There's a certain "tempo" to it. experiment in the "Practice" mode with different items to learn the tempo.

You can do this to amazing effect with range characters like Saw, Petal, and Adagio; and melee heroes like Taka. If he is at full Ki stacks, his movement speed is fast enough that you can rush in, hit the enemy, and immediately run away, dodging up to multiple melee hits. This works on slow attacking enemies like Krul and Ardan, as well as minions in the jungle.

Hope this helps.
Celeste/Krul/Glaive
Highest Tier: Simply Amazing
Wins: 375+

Elandriel
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Nerdjitsu » March 5, 2015 9:51pm | Report
So you won't see the animation? Wow, I've been going about this all wrong, I thought you had to wait a split-second to see the animation carry out. Gonna try to get a lot more speed outta my petal, thanks!

Nerdjitsu
Quote | PM | +Rep by Denni » March 6, 2015 12:54am | Report
First of all, your post is misleading.

Stutter stepping no longer grants unfair Attack speed boost, so why explain it? Anyways, now stutter stepping only allows you to move slightly in between Attacks (And you'll get somewhere on step at a time ;) Kiting is also a form of stutter stepping which allows you to keep moving while attacking.

But now there is no Attack speed increase from it.

It also pains me to see someone get 'Cool, so you don't see the animation- when stutter stepping' from what you have said.

Denni
Notable (6)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved