Vainglory Forums

Support Ardan, high number of kills?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by airsnowman » December 4, 2015 1:51pm | Report
I've recently picked up playing support as my allies lock in carry roles and I've gotten used to playing Ardan. I build strictly tank items, no WP or CP and I seem to be getting a disproportionate number of kills although its never my intention to steal kills. I almost always use vanguard on my allies during team fights and just try to dish out as much damage to weaken enemies for the carries to finish off. Just seems like i'm getting the credit for the kill a lot, perhaps blood for blood is effective because it closes gaps. I usually find myself too caught up in the moment and stop paying attention to health bars especially when everyone is on top of each other, I'm just viciously poking at the screen. Just wondering if this happens a lot to other Ardan support players and would you hold off on kills?

airsnowman
Quote | PM | +Rep by rran6970 » December 4, 2015 5:51pm | Report
Kinda same here. I usually play Catherine as support and end up earning least gold and kills. With Ardan? He definitely rocks!

rran6970
Quote | PM | +Rep by NejiHyuga » December 8, 2015 11:24am | Report
I usually play Catherine as support too with a mixed CP/WP/Support Items and usually end up with a lot of kills too but always the most assists. But roamer initiates and because I am hard to kill with shield I can be a bit more aggressive.

NejiHyuga
Quote | PM | +Rep by PeakPikachu » December 9, 2015 12:39pm | Report
Ardan seems to get the kills because he simply can take the damage needed to stay in the center of battle. This means he'll simply have the better location to get the last shot in. Maybe I'm wrong, but this is the normal case when I'm playing with my Ardan-Jesus ally. As a usual carry, I don't mind assists. There's really no K/D record or assists record anyways, and gold is easy to come by with minions.
They Don't Think It Be Like It Is But It Do.

-John Cena

PeakPikachu
Quote | PM | +Rep by SkyPirateShini » December 9, 2015 12:46pm | Report
HAd a similar issue earlier with Fortress. I had more kills than the Koshka on my team and was just a little behind the Kestrel. And not many of them were from bleed damage cause I remember only one of those happening. I was also building mostly defense and support with my only other item being a clockwork.

SkyPirateShini
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by airsnowman » December 9, 2015 5:37pm | Report
Glad I'm not the only one. With Fortress, I believe the bleed after one of your abilities definitely contributes to KS's especially if the enemy starts running away with just a pixel of health left. I remember a Rumblysuperset video where the Fortress on his team got lots of kills as expected because of the bleed.

Well I've actively been holding back on delivering the final blow and sometimes even let the enemy run away and just vanguard my ally to chase and finish them off, my K/D is starting to look more like what a support should look like. Big ego boost for everyone and for team morale!

airsnowman

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved