Vainglory Forums

Support tank- situational items?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Aligian » January 1, 2016 4:38pm | Report
Playing cath as tank, but sometimes i find myself either ahead, or lacking in damage seeing im the last man standing (Otherwise a non0threat). So, my question is how well aftershock And Breaking point synergize. Aftershock is situational, but so is BP, but more. Seeing that AS takes out chuncks out, and BP really hurts for long fights. Broken myth to replace BP maybe? just curious, any feedback appreciated.

Aligian
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » January 1, 2016 5:07pm | Report
I support broken myth on adagio for the ult, heal and damage buff but I wouldn't put it on Catherine. If you think damage items on support are that situational then just get another support item for the sake of saving the team and letting them do all the work damage wise. I would never replace breaking point for broken myth. 1 it's more expensive, 2 breaking point stacks rely on basic attacks which will come out more often unlike Catherine's abilities which will fall off because of lack of energy which can only be fixed by something like clockwork. From there your actually quite squishy sacrificing 2 slots from damage. Breaking point will be much more deadly because being that tanky you will survive for 20 seconds and will gain those stacks.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Aligian » January 1, 2016 6:20pm | Report
sounds good. Just wondering cause i was using BP and AS in a match and doing really well. i try to build the needed defense first, then add in wp or cp if needed. i thought i understood building catherine, but i actually dont. For the most part i can counterbuild pretty well. If i can help it i only pick up 2 defense like crucible/fountain or atlas pauldrons/fountain first. Maybe pick up warhorn or contraption depending on how things are going. And usually by then i am the only one left in a team fight and getting the s*** pinged out of me cause i didnt do enough or save someone. A lot of times i run into teams that burst me down 1st, and then i usually try to pick up as much defense as i can + aftershock. But not sure if this is the right way to go. Ive tried searching for item synergy with support tanks, but i guess its all about "on the fly" type building. I do appreciate your input.

Aligian
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by WelshWizard » January 1, 2016 7:32pm | Report
I prefer to play the support role also and understand exactly what you are saying. It is all about situational building. I don't play Catherine but with Arden say if my team send to be lacking a bit of damage I buy a BP but only if my teammates are already surviving just need that push for the aces needed to take the game over. Otherwise buy what you can to keep them alive.
Sometimes you can do everything possible and just bad strategy from your teammates will get them killed.
Also from my experience Catherine with some heavy Chrystal Power is a b***h. Go Chrystal for damage if say!

WelshWizard
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Aligian » January 1, 2016 8:48pm | Report
Thanks for the responses! Not really a good idea to experiment, but i did BP + AS on Arden one match and did tons of damage. But! There were 2 tanks on the other team, Phinn and Cath, not sure what that was about but i took advantage of it

Aligian
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » January 1, 2016 8:51pm | Report
What are you talking about? It's a perfect idea to experiment..... Just in casual though.

Future edit: if you edit your post knowing your mistake.... You get why this is here. If not, have a look, if you really mean that then your wrong and go experiment supporting with friends in 3 man queue casual :).

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Aligian » January 1, 2016 11:15pm | Report
" but i guess its all about "on the fly" type building" was my edit. i originally put "but its all about" making it sound like all the guides talked about doing it on the fly, which was not the case, so i changed it.

Aligian
Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved