Vainglory Forums

Tanks and Junglers - Please build some defense!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by kellytehuna » July 7, 2015 7:10pm | Report
I recently played a game as Ringo with a Glaive and Taka that had no defensive items whatsoever. I've been playing around with a CP build I've seen floating around, so I wasn't able to dive deep in to battles, and wasn't doing a lot of burst damage, but both of them would basically die immediately, then ? flare the hell out of me because I'm running away from the battle after they die! Uh... last I saw, even the best Ringo build isn't going to help if I stand and fight in a 3v1!!! I'm OUT!

After seeing this happen like 3 times in a row, I took a look at their builds and neither one of them had any defensive items. Meanwhile, they had a WP Glaive, Support Catherine and CP Vox, ALL of whom had at least one defensive item. I had a Crucible and had Journey boots and was considering building an Aegis.

Please, if you're going to tank, or play as an assassin, build at least one defensive item. Especially if you think it's a great idea to dive in to a team fight before your team mates are in position. It would be one thing if you are dominating fights without them, but instant death at the beginning of a team fight usually indicates you need some defensive items.

kellytehuna
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by FederalMafia » July 7, 2015 7:54pm | Report
I don't know if it'd be possible to call yourself a "tank" with only one defensive item. As the lane Ringo, if you already had Crucible, boots and were looking at building another defensive item in Aegis, the match was probably already a foregone conclusion. Everyone gets dealt a bad team now and then....
[*] IGN - FederalMafia (NA)

"When I'm in command, every mission is a suicide mission."

FederalMafia
Notable (7)
Quote | PM | +Rep by kellytehuna » July 7, 2015 9:26pm | Report
This seems to happen quite a bit. You get people who somehow think that every time they die, even if they run 3 turrets deep, it's somehow my fault because I'm farming in the lane. At the 9 minute mark. LOL

We were leading the match until about the 20 minute mark, then they just steam rolled us from there. By that time, I had already committed to the full Crystal build and my team mates for rushing in to center of the map, with them just sitting there waiting.

It wouldn't have been so frustrating for me if they had at least attempted some kind of defense. You got some defense and they still own you - GG! LOL! I mean I've tanked a Ringo a few times because I realized early my team mates were reckless. Three defensive items, Journey boots, Sorrow Blade and Tension Bow makes for a tough to kill Ringo that can deal moderate amounts of damage.

kellytehuna
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » July 17, 2015 10:29am | Report
Who needs damage when I AM A F*CKING NAVY SEAL MATE. ILL REKT ALL NOOBZ WITH MY PURE GLASS CANNON THAT IS ONE SHOT BY EVERY HERO IN THE GAME EXCEPT ARDEN CUS ARDEN IS A PIECE OF **** WHEN IT COMES TO DAMAGE!
I never play scaarf but I have him as my avatar to mess with people.
I am a young pizza cat, even though I hate koshka.
IGN: Yangusbeef
Rank: Pretty good. It fluctuates between bronze, silver. and gold, but I usually never go under or over that.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved