Vainglory Forums

Targeting being shifted

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Aeris » January 6, 2016 2:38am | Report
Hello,
Have you guys encountered what happens below or it is my fault for not understanding something?

It happens at times that the game itself automatically shifts your target, and in one of those scenarios, where you use your villain Catherine to attack enemy villain using her first ability and where you normally target enemy villain before tapping ability button, it happens at times that after having targeted enemy villain, the game shifts your targeting onto surrounding mob the moment you tap your ability button and as a result, you fail to strike enemy villain thus lose one of your opportunities in battle and at times you lose the battle which you otherwise would have won. (Note: It happens while the enemy villain is NOT out of sight,but instead,is in front of you.)

What is your opinion?

Should the game developer look into this targeting mechanism and look for possible improvement? Or it is fine the way it is?

Aeris
Quote | PM | +Rep by sOmEbboDY » January 6, 2016 5:02am | Report
No that never happens, it's probably your own device that's malfunctioning

sOmEbboDY
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Aeris » January 6, 2016 5:45am | Report
sOmEbboDY wrote:

No that never happens, it's probably your own device that's malfunctioning

Ok,***boy,what do you mean by malfunctioning?

Aeris
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » January 6, 2016 6:48am | Report
Well I will help and put it in a way that you will understand, YOUR DEVICE IS F****** BROKEN.

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Aeris » January 6, 2016 7:32am | Report
vikings102 wrote:

Well I will help and put it in a way that you will understand, YOUR DEVICE IS F****** BROKEN.

**** you

Aeris
Quote | PM | +Rep by shagalicious » January 6, 2016 12:10pm | Report
Hey Aeris, make sure you're not tapping on the enemy hero and the ability at the same time, some devices will then shift the touch to between the two point, so keep it as two distict taps.

Try being a little kinder, people are only trying to help.

shagalicious
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by blade430 » January 6, 2016 1:57pm | Report
Damn, so much salt, an ocean couldn't hold it.

blade430
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » January 6, 2016 2:05pm | Report
This only happens to me when the enemy hero dies before I get to him.

So my Catherine turns around and stuns the minion closest to her.

It's probably because the enemy hero got out of range. Since you targeted him first, that means Catherine will go towards him unless canceled via tapping elsewhere. However, if the enemy hero moves away from your sight range while you are dashing towards, Catherine will attack the nearest enemy.

Instead of first targeting an enemy, I usually dash first so this rarely happens.
Current Tier - The Hotness Bronze

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/recruitment
I had trouble finding it at first too :)

And I swear it's not a RickRoll(or is it???)
And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Aeris » January 6, 2016 9:14pm | Report
shagalicious wrote:

Hey Aeris, make sure you're not tapping on the enemy hero and the ability at the same time, some devices will then shift the touch to between the two point, so keep it as two distict taps.

You are absolutely right. That is exactly what happens to me, I will next time try waiting a bit before tapping ability although it could be a bit frustrating since there is need to tap ability as soon as enemy villain is targeted. Also, I'm using iPad mini 2, could the issue be related to iPad or other iOS device?

shagalicious wrote:

Try being a little kinder, people are only trying to help.

I really wish they were trying to help, but all i received from them so far is their impertinence.

blade430 wrote:

Damn, so much salt, an ocean couldn't hold it.

Bad community.

Veneticius wrote:

This only happens to me when the enemy hero dies before I get to him.

So my Catherine turns around and stuns the minion closest to her.

It's probably because the enemy hero got out of range. Since you targeted him first, that means Catherine will go towards him unless canceled via tapping elsewhere. However, if the enemy hero moves away from your sight range while you are dashing towards, Catherine will attack the nearest enemy.

Yes, that is one scenario where your Catherine misses enemy villain, however, in case you did not notice, I have stated in my OP that enemy villain wasn't out of sight when it happens as what I experienced was something else, which Shagalicious seems to have answered accurately.

Veneticius wrote:

Instead of first targeting an enemy, I usually dash first so this rarely happens.

It is a good quick fix though.

Aeris

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved