Vainglory Forums

The end of the WP Saw

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » February 24, 2015 9:09pm | Report
Weapon power saws used to be my favorite thing to play. I could dish out heavy damage, hold positions, take out turrets, and so on. It was a blast & I was damn good at it.

Then I was introduced to the world of crystal saws & Catherine.

I'm incredibly frustrated at how bad WP Saws get owned by those two. It's basicaly impossible to play WP saw against a CP one, because saw moves so slow, so he basically has to take all of the damage from suppressing fire. CP Saw's ultimate is a killer and a CP saw will obliterate a WP one when he flips on the ultimate. Let's not even mention the fact that saw's crystal ratios are so OP...

Oh, & then there's catherine, who, at high skill tiers, will stun you at every waking moment. Yeah, there's shields & all, but it can be hard to time it when she sneaks up. Clockwork Catherines are the devil to any WP saw.

& yeah, Aegis & shields help, but really not that much. It would take two aegis' just to subdue the CP saw & by the time I get two of those bad boys it's late game & we're way behind.

Idk, I guess I'm annoyed that saw was designed to be a WP player with amazing damage, yet he gets owned at the high skill tiers when used as WP. I can do well with a WP saw if I'm not against a CP saw or a stun heavy team, but if I am I'm forked. I can see why I, along with everybody else, stopped using WP saws past the hotness.
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by longdongkim » February 24, 2015 10:49pm | Report
Same thing happened with Adagio where he was intended to be CP but more people play WP instead.

I think this may be why the new upcoming hero is made to be effective only with one type of power and much less the other.

longdongkim
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Elandriel » February 25, 2015 7:16am | Report
I've seen Adagio played to great effect as CP; I think it's just easier to play WP, as most people are naturally aligned to play DPS rather than a more support-y role. Adagio is strong regardless...
Celeste/Krul/Glaive
Highest Tier: Simply Amazing
Wins: 375+

Elandriel
Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved