Vainglory Forums

This Limited Edition Taka Crap.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by BlackLightning01 » March 4, 2016 7:46pm | Report
When I first saw the concept for the new Night Shadow Taka skin, I was really excited. Taka is, in my opinion, the most fun hero to play. My excitement was even further increased when they announced that you could collect cards to get the skin. However, it all turned out to be a huge disappointment.

First of all, you should look at the skin's price if you want to buy it as soon as you can. The price is 3600 ice, compared to all the other limited edition skins that were priced at 1800 ice. 3600 ice is not cheap: that's $30 for one skin, which isn't worth it. Second, there are only 8 card events to get cards. If you win 3 times in a day on those 8 days, you will get a total of 8 Taka cards, which is only half the skin. So, in the end, even if you work to get those 24 wins, you still have to buy $15 worth of ice. That means you have to buy 8 card boxes, each priced at 225 ice. And guess what 8 boxes is worth? 1800 ice, which is the price of all the other limited edition skins.

You can look at all this information and say, "Ok. So?" Well, to me, all of this nonsense with the cards is basically getting us to pay more for the same thing that we had before. SEMC is taking advantage of the people who really want this skin by making it worth $30 instead of the usual $15, and even if you be patient, wait about 4 weeks, and play in all the events, you still have to spend $15. Why should we have to do that in addition to getting those three wins?

This system is good for all people who don't care about Taka because they get free legendary cards, but bad for all people who want the skin because they're forced to either play for half of the skin, or to drop twice as much money for the same thing we were getting before. The announcement of how this was going to work made it sound like you could earn this skin just by playing, which is a huge lie. Please can this system and go back to requiring us to buy 1800 ice for these limited edition skins. I hope people will realize that this is a curse, not a blessing.
IGN : BlackLightning01
Region : North America
Mains : Ringo, Blackfeather, Ardan
Laners : Ringo, Vox, Kestrel, Joule
Junglers : Blackfeather, Taka, Ozo, Koshka
Roamers : Ardan, Catherine, Phinn
Skill Tier (Winter Season 2016) : Simply Amazing Bronze

BlackLightning01
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » March 4, 2016 10:46pm | Report
I get what your saying but It's good for someone like me who can sell all these 8 legendary cards to finish off a in progress tier 3 Glaive :3

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by GDL8 » March 5, 2016 2:52am | Report
I agree. This is no advantage in the new system.

So you are either
1) patient - get those cards, pay 1800 ice = 15 USD.
2) get it for 30 USD. To expensive. (And I bought every other limited edition skin)
3) dot't care about it, use the events to get the cards, sell them buy your normal T2 or T3 skin faster. This means that the value of the usual T2 and T3 skins fall. This means that my several T3 skins worth less because of that cards event for taka. I am becoming reluctant to spend anything on the skins, because they lose their flare of exclusivity.

GDL8
Quote | PM | +Rep by ZuesAwoken » March 5, 2016 10:05am | Report
Its every third win, not just your third, for example 3rd win, 6th win, 9th win, etc. on the event days.
Highest Rank So Far: Pretty Good ~ Gold
Current Rank: Pretty Good ~ Gold
Lane: CP Skaarf, WP Ringo, and Taka
Jungle: CP Skye, WP Ozo, WP Joule, Taka
Roam: Cath, Ardan, Taka
Main: TAKATAKATAKATAKATAKATAKATAKA

...SUPRISE *****!

ZuesAwoken
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BlackLightning01 » March 5, 2016 9:19pm | Report
uncrudable wrote:

I get what your saying but It's good for someone like me who can sell all these 8 legendary cards to finish off a in progress tier 3 Glaive :3

Yeah, a lot of my friends have finished tier 2 skins because of this event. Lucky them. xD

GDL8 wrote:

I agree. This is no advantage in the new system.

So you are either
1) patient - get those cards, pay 1800 ice = 15 USD.
2) get it for 30 USD. To expensive. (And I bought every other limited edition skin)
3) dot't care about it, use the events to get the cards, sell them buy your normal T2 or T3 skin faster. This means that the value of the usual T2 and T3 skins fall. This means that my several T3 skins worth less because of that cards event for taka. I am becoming reluctant to spend anything on the skins, because they lose their flare of exclusivity.

You're completely right. I do think that the quality of this skin is better than all the other ones, though. Winter War Catherine was kind of lame, but Taka just looks awesome. I wouldn't be complaining so much if it wasn't so cool, lol. Still not worth $30 or binge-playing Vain to get three wins though.

ZuesAwoken wrote:

Its every third win, not just your third, for example 3rd win, 6th win, 9th win, etc. on the event days.

Wait... really? Hold on, let me test that. xD
Even if that's true, I don't think the base price should be $30. And I'd rather not play vain for hours and hours just because I'm obliged to because I reaaaaally want the Taka skin. It sort of takes the fun out of it when you feel like you have to.
Thanks for telling me that, though.

EDIT: No, that's not true. It's only the 3rd win, not every 3.
IGN : BlackLightning01
Region : North America
Mains : Ringo, Blackfeather, Ardan
Laners : Ringo, Vox, Kestrel, Joule
Junglers : Blackfeather, Taka, Ozo, Koshka
Roamers : Ardan, Catherine, Phinn
Skill Tier (Winter Season 2016) : Simply Amazing Bronze

BlackLightning01
Quote | PM | +Rep by ShadowBeatz » March 9, 2016 12:19pm | Report
calm down its just a skin

not the end of the world
IGN: 6ixthTheory
Region: North America
Skill Tier: Pretty Good, bronze
Mains: Ringo (CP + WP), Glaive (WP), Skye (WP)
Secondaries: Phinn, Fortress, Rona

ShadowBeatz
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » March 9, 2016 1:05pm | Report
Well............. What if a scientist genetically modified a baby to grow up as taka and told him the only way to get his new outfit was to get in by playing in vainglory and unlocking it without playing. Would it be the end of the world then? Idk, maybe you will see a taka in a nasa outfit bigger then the earth waiting too X-retsu through our planet.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved