Vainglory Forums

Three missing point that makes game Pointless

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedric » March 29, 2015 4:36pm | Report
1.it is unavoidable once a while somewhere there is a player AFK, since We are humans, and not machines. Game should assume responsibility of entertaining and distributing AFK incident into proper handling.
For example, letting AI take over Afker, or issuing a compensation for remaining player, instead of letting AFK incident ruin the whole match, since two player against three now in this game has little chance, and it's very unfair not because of Afker, but because of game itself failed to incorporate the unavoidable fact, and balance both side accordingly, but instead,let it affect other innocent players so much that they have to surrender.
But who brought the Afker to match with us in the first place? Again, it is the game.
Now, it is a huge lack on the game's part in protecting the right of other innocent players.
Also,the game brought and fails to detect Afker who intentionally avoid detection while misbehave by feeding enemies and/or selling all their gears, which is unacceptable. Game fails to protect the basic right of other players!
Since the game system does poor job in facilitating us. We need to get rid of it by being able to choose whom we want to play with as well as who are qualified to play with us. ( please read my other post: some fancy about game mode and in game chat suggestion)
2. Game quite often matches rookies with veterans, disregarding qualification,which makes either many match biased, where one side is stronger than other, or useless match where strategy can not be deployed owing to new players, not mentioning communication is useless .( please read my other post: some fancy about game mode and in game chat suggestion)

3. Communication is useless! Question mark, exclaimation mark, laugh, and ok, indeed those are all logical components we need in order to communicate? By no means. those emotional mark as sole means of communication are not bright. They make us barbarians and not civilized humans, by disregarding mutal understanding. Developer you are promoting miscommunication and miscommunication not only can lead to toxic and destructive social environment,causing damage to human interaction, but also is destructive and degrading to us as people.( please read my other post: some fancy about game mode and in game chat suggestion)

Before the game can fix those three lacks, it is barbaric.
Thanks!

Fedric
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by GRIMMLATIFA » April 2, 2015 10:19am | Report
1.) Many of your solutions would cause more problems than the original problem. Having an AFK on your team isn't "unfair" it's an unfortunate reality of playing a moba. Just keep playing through until you hit a tier where it's less of a problem. I'm only at Hotness myself, but I found my solo queue games becoming more consistent around the end of my "Pretty Good" phase.

Also, we have a player reporting system now in v1.3. Give that a month, and I'm sure it'll help with this problem tremendously.

Also, there's nothing more satisfying than pulling off a 2v3 win. :D

Also, make some friends. A lot of the problems you're talking about would be solved if you played with your own crew. I solo queue to kill time, but my real fun is teaming up with my buddies.

I wouldn't think of all this in terms of "player's rights" or the obligations you believe the game should have to you. The more you think about what you believe Vainglory or SEMC "owes" you, the less you'll enjoy the game. It's a free game, and a really good one at that.

2.) I'm with you on this. I've had nights with my buddies where we were destroying the other teams all night, and nights where can't survive past 12 minutes. Hopefully, they're constantly refining their match matching.

3.) Just to offer a counter-opinion, I really like the pings. They're not "barbaric", and I think referring to them as such is hyperbole My teams in solo queue consistently use them to great effect during games. Give them a chance.

Remember that this is an international game, and even though there are continental servers, you'll still have many instances of players from different countries/languages on the same team. I think the ping system as implemented accounts for that quite well.

GRIMMLATIFA
Quote | PM | +Rep by megaOmega » April 9, 2015 12:54am | Report
You are calling the comunication system useless?
I have writted a guide that lets you and your team comunicte in an effective way even in solo play by only using the pings.
If you do not belive me so check it out.
You may learn something from it even if the spelling is not fixed yet.

megaOmega

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved