Vainglory Forums

TO ALL SUPPORT/ROAM PLAYERS (especially in SEA)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by CharlieCharlie » October 10, 2015 7:15pm | Report
Dear support player,

Please don't build your "very useful" warhorn at the initial stages of the game. I think something called a fountain of renewal might be better. I don't know if you have ever heard of it though. Also, please convince me on how useful your warhorn is going to be useful early game.

sincerely,

SupportFedUp

CharlieCharlie
Quote | PM | +Rep by SexyMonkeyKing » October 10, 2015 8:37pm | Report
I play normally support and I don't agree with this post. It's my job to support you, not keep you alive. What do you play and how do you build?
IGN: SexyMonkeyKing
Region: NA
Main: Usually any Support
Great Karma
Karma Lvl: 20

SexyMonkeyKing
Notable (12)
Quote | PM | +Rep by CharlieCharlie » October 12, 2015 3:59pm | Report
Support is trying to keep your carries alive. So tell me how running away is going to be useful early game? Sure if your carries are really good, warhorn is great on catching fleeing enemies, but other than that what are the benefits? Renewals, keep your carries in the fight much longer- meaning they can use their skills another time and possibly kill the opponent. On the defensive side, it keeps them alive, possibly not letting the enemy get an ace. You can just retreat to the turret early game and not let anyone die and hope to win the next one.

If I am a carry, I'd build a renewal first and foremost. Then if the enemy has a global stun or crowd control, crucible, then from their possibly contraption because taka and scouts are more important than being to run away fast. VISION is key to winning. I have had so many suport players not even putting a single scout trap on the field.

CharlieCharlie
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » October 12, 2015 4:52pm | Report
I generally like having a support building a Fountain of Renewal first but there are some times in the early game that calls for a Warhorn more than a Fountain.

If your team dominates the early game then you should get Warhorn first to continue getting those kills and starving the enemy jungler of gold with the Stormguard Banner passive. Plus if you lose a fight you could run away - "He that fights and runs away may live to fight another day."

However if you are dominating the early game and think it's going to be a tough match or you are tied with the enemy in gold consider getting a Fountain of Renewal. A Fountain would help in the long run with the team heal that could turn a fight around.
Current Tier - The Hotness Bronze

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/recruitment
I had trouble finding it at first too :)

And I swear it's not a RickRoll(or is it???)
And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyliaivalice1992 » October 12, 2015 5:52pm | Report
These posts are always funny. The supports job is to counterbuild.

Fountain of renewal is nice and should generally be prioritized. Especially if they have a crystal carry.

Warhorn isnt a bad item. But its definitely a late game item. It shouldn't be built until after the ten minute mark, generally speaking. And you should have vision before getting it, otherwise you should get a contraption. Especially against Taka.

However, running is as good of a strategy as fighting. Especially if you know how to kite, poke, and harass your opponents.
Xyliaivalice koshka, celeste, and ardan. I play for fun, not for sport. I make a decent teammate. Add me.

Xyliaivalice1992
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by CharlieCharlie » October 14, 2015 1:38am | Report
Yeah but sadly, bad teammates = we don't dominate the game early on. They always focus the tank -.-

CharlieCharlie

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved