Vainglory Forums

Trolls everywhere

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by kellytehuna » September 15, 2016 4:33am | Report
I'm so close to giving up on this game. Trolls have ruined the game. Game after game, I get *******s that think all farm is theirs and starve me of gold. It doesn't matter if I'm lane, or jungle. Always happens.

It's got so bad, that I just stop even trying, or go steal their farm, after a couple of warning pings. Ironically, the very people who think it's great to steal my farm are the first to complain when I do it to them!!!

I'm not gonna fight my own team mates for gold. I would much rather give you a deliberate loss and hope you figure it out. I hate this ********.

If you play your role, things tend to go smoothly for everyone. Don't be an *******! It's no fun being 15 minutes in, level 10 with one tier 3 item because one, or both partners are being jerks. It's just not fun.

kellytehuna
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Monsterjake » September 15, 2016 6:43am | Report
Trust me, I know exactly how you feel. I don't play casual matches any more because of this reason. I don't know exactly what rank you are or what game mode you play. If you are playing casuals or early rank (Worthy Foe and below) this is bound to happen in 80% of your matches. Shoot me a friend request - IGN Monsterjake and make sure you reply to this post with your IGN so I know its you. I know how people think they can be a true hero if they get a little more gold and take it from their teammates only to easily be killed because they don't have support from their teammates leading to a loss.
IGN: Monsterjake
Region: North America
Mains: Can pretty much play anyone you give me, or can at least hold his own with them
Let's provoke a team fight!

Monsterjake
<Editor>
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » September 15, 2016 6:48am | Report
Monsterjake wrote:

Trust me, I know exactly how you feel. I don't play casual matches any more because of this reason. I don't know exactly what rank you are or what game mode you play. If you are playing casuals or early rank (Worthy Foe and below) this is bound to happen in 80% of your matches. Shoot me a friend request - IGN Monsterjake and make sure you reply to this post with your IGN so I know its you. I know how people think they can be a true hero if they get a little more gold and take it from their teammates only to easily be killed because they don't have support from their teammates leading to a loss.

Realy? I'm down lower and have tons of fun in casual

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Monsterjake » September 15, 2016 6:54am | Report
vikings102 wrote:

Realy? I'm down lower and have tons of fun in casual

Either you are one of the luckier ones or I just have a much different perspective because I play in the mid to higher ranks. I noticed a large gameplay change when I got to Got Swagger and it only changes more from there on.
IGN: Monsterjake
Region: North America
Mains: Can pretty much play anyone you give me, or can at least hold his own with them
Let's provoke a team fight!

Monsterjake
<Editor>
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BLG3RNT » September 15, 2016 10:48am | Report
I think the thing to understand is that everyone started somewhere. Not everyone came to VG knowing the strategy of a moba. Not everyone understands what the roles are. Hell not even everyone knows about VGF. Not everyone will read up on it. Some people just play to have fun. There are a lot of games where who gets the last hit doesn't matter. This was a new experience for me when I came to VG since this was the first game of this kind I had played. It also took some time and research for me to understand the roles and strategy behind the roles. Finally, some people play these games, just to play. It's not uber competitive for everyone, games were originally for fun.

Saying all of that doesn't mean I don't understand and feel your pain. It's annoying when my roam last hits everything. If I wanted to compete for last hits I'd go into the lane where I have to compete with my minions and turrets. It's aggravating when in lane and your roam or jungle come up to help and then also proceed to take all of your cs. I get all of that.

I do think, perhaps for your sanity, that you should keep in mind it doesn't mean they are trolls. It could simply mean they don't know. This game has seen huge growth recently, which means a lot more people new to the game will be showing up. As for the warning pings, pings do diddly squat. If they don't know they are doing something wrong a purple ? or a yellow triangle aren't going to suddenly help them understand, and if they do know they are doing something wrong they aren't going to care about your pings.

Take a deep breath and relax. Play a little battle royale for a while until your aggravation towards this particular matter comes to an end. BR is great because you don't really have to care and you can experiment with ridiculous builds, like 6 tornado triggers
IGN: BLG3RNT
Region: NA
Coach for Nova Esports
Imma Roam Main

BLG3RNT
<Editor>
Remarkable (44)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved