Vainglory Forums

Vain Glory Heroes - To Be, or Not to Be?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » November 4, 2015 5:44pm | Report
Currently, in Patch 1.10, there are quite a few heroes to choose from. Some are amazing, some aren't that good.

Right now, I think that Celeste is the best laner. Maybe Skaarf, but I haven't played him much yet.
I think that either Joule or Krul are the best junglers.
And I think Catherine is the best support. Adagio is a close second.

However, I want to know what you guys think. Who do you think is the best laner, jungler, or roamer? Why did you pick them?

I picked Celeste, Skaarf, and Joule because I'm good with skillshots.

Krul because he can 1 vs. 2 if he's fed enough(trust me, I've seen it).

Catherine because of her stun(with Aftershock it's deadly), Bubble(Kill Breaking Point Krul with it), and silence(don't let that Ardan pop the Fountain!).

Adagio in second because although he can dish out tons of damage and heal his teammates, his ultimate is too easy to block and he's not that tanky compared to other roamers.
Current Tier - The Hotness Bronze

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/recruitment
I had trouble finding it at first too :)

And I swear it's not a RickRoll(or is it???)
And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by KuntFu » November 5, 2015 3:41am | Report
I think the best is who your best with. as a Celeste player, I'll say, she's great, but she's the easiest to kill. I don't know why people get into these things because honestly you will lose if you aren't as good, or win if you are better. Doesn't matter who you use.

There is no best laner. Celeste is good at aoe and harassing, but gets tanked easy and runs out of energy fast making her useless if she does. Saw is annoying if you get caught by suppressing fire but if you have good timing it's easy to kill his slow self. Vox is average all around imho. Skye will kill you with Suri and barrage in lane easy if your caught slipping, and can get away with Suri vs. gank, but isn't that great at constant aoe or harassment.

It's your play style and how you want to play, I think.

Everything you say as a strength can be countered, so no one is over the top.

Krul is easily useless vs. high rate of stun, burst damage, perhaps pauldron. A heavily stacked Krul is nothing if a Catherine has high cooldown and people are bursting him properly. Or, atlas pauldron.

I've yet to see a character in 1.10 who ISNT that good, in the right hands.

KuntFu
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » November 5, 2015 4:21am | Report
You speak the words of wisdom Kuntfu

I guess the real question is:

which hero do you prefer and why?

Because every hero is balanced, every hero has a strength that can be countered - so only skill can determine the best hero
Current Tier - The Hotness Bronze

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/recruitment
I had trouble finding it at first too :)

And I swear it's not a RickRoll(or is it???)
And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by blueblood » November 11, 2015 7:38am | Report
just as venticius said and krul and cathrine are a good teama but just as long as u have an upper hand on krull as being a level ahead or having more tier 3 items you can out fight krull. like example is glaive with his second ability. you can be taken out most of your life out with his high crits or the same with taka.

blueblood
Quote | PM | +Rep by cC8. » November 12, 2015 8:48am | Report
ah. joule of the jungle. hmm. i think there is the misperception that she rules the jungle, even against krul, but that's only because most kruls come off the spawner with no defense, preferring to begin offensively since krul players are just naturally badasses and they want to compensate for their lack of b ability with more attack, which does not work. joule takes the offensive in the jungle, which she needs to build the incredibly expensive jungle build. for a cheap littleheart of health, the jungle is lost to nuclear weapon joule at minute 1. just reflex block, krul. reflex block. block her stun once and she'll think 11 times before using it again and with luck she'll just save it for retreat. and for the love of god hold your target.

in answer to the original question - krul is the best jungler, catherine the best roam, celeste the best lane. but this sets up a serious issue because if the other team has crystal defense they will block you all. so the perfect heroes do not make the perfect team. and that is why i love this game.

cC8.
Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved