Vainglory Forums

Vox vs. Celeste

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Astrianna » May 15, 2015 5:28pm | Report
I realize that I'm having a huge amount of difficulty dealing with Celeste while playing Vox in lane. Especially in the early game, unless I sacrifice all my damage to build shield items, a single hit from Celeste takes out a good chunk of my HP. I frequently try to close the gap with Sonic Zoom, but the skill cooldown means that after I get off my requisite four hits I'm a sitting duck, and the difference in damage output and range means that even if I run, I take more damage than I gave out. If I try to get as close as possible, even if I don't get hit by her skills, if she detonates Supernova while I'm close by, in early game my movement speed cannot outrun the detonation range of Supernova, which means I take the hit anyway. In no time I find myself backed up against the turret while Celeste simultaneously kills both my minions AND the turret with AOE hits. Does anyone have any ideas for dealing with such situations?
IGN: Astrianna (NA)
Best Skill Level Achieved: Simply Amazing Bronze
Karma Level: 20
Best Heroes: Vox, Taka, Fortress
Training Heroes: Celeste, Rona

"How many Saws does it take to- one to instalock."

Astrianna
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by nporaMep » May 15, 2015 10:44pm | Report
farm mobs until you get higher level...

nporaMep
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by JustinJr » May 19, 2015 12:39am | Report
Level 1 against Celeste might be hard if you're using your B as your first ability choice. After that it's not so difficult against her. Anticipation of her placement is key, having a general idea of the cooldown on her A so you know if she can place a supernova is another helpful thing. Poking at Celeste early in lane will help out with trying to deny her more gold than you make, of course she is going to do damage to you sometimes but that's why you should keep potions with you ;) just because you get a scrape from her star you don't need to run back towards your turret and cower. Dashing towards her sides is usually a much better idea, you can still last hit minions and most of the time avoid her A early game. Now after level 9 assuming she maxes her A as fast as possible that's when it becomes a little more challenging, usually you aren't in lane so much. If she pushes to far forward pushing you towards your turret call your team for a gank, after 1+ times she will learn not to go that far. Each situation is different so you will have to read them as they come, that's the great thing about this game :) it's never the same match.
IGN: JustinJr
Server: EU
Tier: PoA

JustinJr
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » May 19, 2015 3:47pm | Report
Vox is generally better than Celeste mid to late game. Celeste is very easy to trap and pick on. If you're trying to poke her early game, however, you're going to have a very hard time.

I generally find Celeste very predictable in her abilities. Vox is a fast character... Don't stop moving around when you're up against Celeste. By the time you get aftershock or alt current as your first item, you'll easily be able to take out a much larger chunk of her health using your 1st ability properly.

But, to simplify it like npora, just farm and quit trying to engage in combat. If you farm fast enough, Celeste can't stand a chance in a 1v1 later on.
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Astrianna » May 21, 2015 7:10pm | Report
I've tried the farming thing and indeed it's done me well. Would you guys recommend making one of my first items a Sprint Boots in order to benefit from the mobility?
IGN: Astrianna (NA)
Best Skill Level Achieved: Simply Amazing Bronze
Karma Level: 20
Best Heroes: Vox, Taka, Fortress
Training Heroes: Celeste, Rona

"How many Saws does it take to- one to instalock."

Astrianna
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » May 23, 2015 7:19pm | Report
Sprint boots don't affect speed, so the only mobility you'll see from them comes when you activate them. They're really only a last second speed boost to escape a sticky situation, and you should be able to avoid sticky situations in the beginning.

I'd just go with a speed thing or crystal thing (idk their names) to build alt current with. Vox needs that extra kick for the early game farming & fights; the boots aren't going to make much of a difference. Mobility is more of a skill than anything :)
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved