Vainglory Forums

What Heroes do you think are 'META' right now?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Blissey123 » September 27, 2017 4:02pm | Report
Okay guys, update 2.8 has been out already for a couple of weeks and by now I think we should have a good idea on who is really good this update and who isn't. Broken Myth hasn't updated yet, Vainsocial and VainAura only gives winrates. So, who do you think is strong right now?

My Personal Opinion:
Lane(no particular order)
Kestrel=Extremely good right now. Damage is still fantastic, her ability to make good trades early in the game is crucial with the new changes to sustain, and her another ridiculous ability to 1v1 almost any laner in the early game and win. Her most effective counter duelist, Gwen has kind of fallen off a bit so Kestrel is in a really good spot this Update.

Vox=I don't think Vox will ever fall off in a meta where sustain is so important. Still one of the most mobile carries in the game, his damage is still great, I think Vox is still really good this update.

Idris=Arguebly the most Cancerous Carry now, his CP path is one of the most devastating when he is properly fed. Idris' combination of supreme mobility, damage, and versitility makes him a top pick in the lane.

HM
Celeste= Celeste has definitely been creeping back up in the meta this update and the last, due to her new cancerous build that gives her the ability to endlessly spam her heliogenesis without any fear of running out of energy. The 4 item core of her new build is in this order= Frostburn, Eve of Harvest, Clockwork, and broken myth. In the Vainglory championships, she is being used more often solely because of this build and the fact that in a sustain heavy meta, Celeste is one of the heroes that thrive and appreciate the change.

Samuel= The master of sustain in the lane, Samuel will definitely make a splash this update with sustain being so important. There is nothing much to say about him, except the new 4 item core of Celeste's new build will come very handy with spamming his A and B.

Jungle
Petal= Although she is not very good in higher elo, Petal is cancer from tier 1 to about tier 7 range, which makes up a lot of the players in ranked. her early game trades are just so ridiculous. There is not much to say about except that Weapon Petal seems to actually be viable this update. I haven't tried it in ranked yet, but my friend who is high tier has and it says she is really good.

Krul= With sustain being so important now, Krul is the master of sustain, and he is definitely one of the most meta-defining Junglers at the moment. It is also worth saying that Krul Synergise well with the top captain picks this update.

Glaive= refer to krul+ With the arrival of spellsword, Glaive's long time problem of a super long cooldown for afterburn+easily running out of energy after spamming abilities has been fixed, and he has peaked at his full potential this update.

Skaarf= Skaarf has become an extremely dangerous jungler as of late. His damage, sustain, and team utility is just very good right now.

Celeste= Celeste has one of the most cancerous Jungle Clear speeds in the game, despite the nerf, arguebly even faster than petal and Kestrel, and the new build for her now is working brilliantly on Jungle Celeste. Even though she is squishy and can easily be countered in draft, Celeste is a very good jungler at the moment.

Roam
Lyra= Lyra, with no question has the most ridiculous heal in the whole of vainglory. With sustain now being so important, there is arguebly to question that Lyra is the best women for patching up your boos-boos. Although she lacks a little bit in the engage department, her ability to protect her carries, heal them up, and let them get away is one of the most coveted skills all roamers wish to have.

Catherine= Catherine is still a top roam pick for update 2.8. Despite her nerfs, she is still a priority ban in high elo. WIth one of the most broken ultimates in the game with echo, Cath is still really good. Also, with Skaarf and Celeste sneakily gaining more popularity, Cath is one of the best hard counters to them.

Grace= Grace has always been good, and it is unlikely that she'll fall of any time soon. Her winrates are outstanding, and her team utility is just needed in so many situations, so she remains a top pick.

Ardan= With Sustain so important, Ardan is the perfect roam to protect carries from near death when dealing with heavy poke damage such as wp kestrel's glimmershots, Celeste's stars, Skaarf Spitfire, and many more. Echo Gauntlet is stil really good, so ardan is in a good spot this update.
IGN: Blissey123
Hero mains: Lyra, Catherine, Koshka, Idris, Celeste, Kestrel, Flicker,Celeste
Heroes that I am good at but I don't have: Joule
Practicing: Kestrel, Celeste, Vox, Idris
Tier: Worthy Foe Silver
Best Heroes: Lyra, Catherine, Idris, Kestrel, Koshka, Vox, Celeste

Blissey123
Notable (17)
Quote | PM | +Rep by deathpasito » September 28, 2017 3:31pm | Report
I’m surprised Skaarf didn’t get a mention here. Although I agree that sustain is the way to go now, Skaarf is still potent in both lane and jungle. I mean, maybe it’s just me, and I could be a bit biased because Catherine + any Burst carry makes me look good, but Skaarf can turn the tides of any fight fairly quickly with its/his ult.

Taka too... I guess only in the lower tiers though. Against teams with captains incompetent enough to fail to maintain vision, Taka can be extremely dangerous in lane.

That said, I myself am still a noob and probably don’t deserve an opinion :)
Cringing at my own profile.
Mains: Reza, Kinetic, Ardan
Secondaries: Vox, Blackfeather, Ringo, Churnwalker
IGN: Jellisea; Guild: TheSaltercations [NaCl] Leader
+ 7 SEA smurfs, 2 NA smurfs, 2 EA smurfs, 1 EU smurf.
Tier: 8 Silver; Server: SEA.

deathpasito
Quote | PM | +Rep by Blissey123 » September 28, 2017 10:21pm | Report
WHOOPS. I forgot to add skaarf. Sorry about that. Yes, he is very good right now, especially in Jungle.

But lane taka? Just don't do it. Lane Taka is pretty bad honestly, that's why he is in Jungle.

And btw, Weapon Taka in Jungle has been having some usage with spellsword but he remains situational pick however. But he is quite viable right now.
IGN: Blissey123
Hero mains: Lyra, Catherine, Koshka, Idris, Celeste, Kestrel, Flicker,Celeste
Heroes that I am good at but I don't have: Joule
Practicing: Kestrel, Celeste, Vox, Idris
Tier: Worthy Foe Silver
Best Heroes: Lyra, Catherine, Idris, Kestrel, Koshka, Vox, Celeste

Blissey123
Notable (17)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved