Vainglory Forums

What if...focus fire ping.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Elandriel » February 7, 2015 3:19pm | Report
First off, does anyone else think the ping buttons got harder to press with the latest release? Sometimes it feels like they're so small that I try to hit them multiple times and I get nothing - I think they could stand to be just a hair bigger. But I digress.

What if next to the "go here" ping there was a red cross-hair or something to indicate a focus fire. When pressed, and then pressed on an enemy player on the map, that enemy's face showed up on the left, under the money, above the "procs" or "activated abilities". This would be displayed to all teammates. This could stay on the screen until the enemy is killed, or there is more than 10 seconds of inactivity, I.e., out of combat. I think without adding chat or something like that, this would dramatically increase team effectiveness.

This is a very infantile idea so I know some tuning would be required, but what are your guys' thoughts? Would you benefit from this?
Celeste/Krul/Glaive
Highest Tier: Simply Amazing
Wins: 375+

Elandriel
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by DeFinn » February 7, 2015 6:23pm | Report
Yes
"Once you name me, you negate me." SK

DeFinn
Quote | PM | +Rep by DoudJr » February 7, 2015 10:45pm | Report
Elandriel wrote:

First off, does anyone else think the ping buttons got harder to press with the latest release? Sometimes it feels like they're so small that I try to hit them multiple times and I get nothing - I think they could stand to be just a hair bigger. But I digress.

What if next to the "go here" ping there was a red cross-hair or something to indicate a focus fire. When pressed, and then pressed on an enemy player on the map, that enemy's face showed up on the left, under the money, above the "procs" or "activated abilities". This would be displayed to all teammates. This could stay on the screen until the enemy is killed, or there is more than 10 seconds of inactivity, I.e., out of combat. I think without adding chat or something like that, this would dramatically increase team effectiveness.

This is a very infantile idea so I know some tuning would be required, but what are your guys' thoughts? Would you benefit from this?

Well, the ping buttons became harder to smash because the developpers made them so. They created a "cooldown" for every ping in order to prevent players from spammming "Avoid" pings or any other pings. You can still ping a bit, but just enough to give directions, you won't be able to spam them anymore, that's why they became harder to hit.

For your information, the developpers have said that they were working on new ways to communicate in game (it won't be a chat system, but something like new pings maybe).
IGN : DoudJr
Region: EU
Main: SAW, Catherine
Practicing: Adagio, Petal
Skill Tier : Simply Amazing

DoudJr
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Raikaz » February 8, 2015 1:27am | Report
Sometimes YOUR ways to winning could be backfired by enemies if THEY know how to use them. What is good for you can be best for others (teammates/enemy team).

In your case Elandriel, I may think the idea sometimes can be useful but with a few changes. How about the visibility for just 2 or 5 seconds, you can also use the GO symbol on your enemy but you can see the symbol moving, not the enemy.

Raikaz
Quote | PM | +Rep by Elandriel » February 9, 2015 3:01pm | Report
Doudjr - I noticed I can't spam 3 anymore, but I meant my fingers sometimes won't even select the ping. I'll tap on them, and either they won't light up or sometimes my character will start to move up and right. I understand not being spammable, but if I need to hit a ping in a heartbeat to communicate strategy immediately, sometimes I get sad panda because the ping won't register. :(

I'm not sure what you mean Raikaz.
Celeste/Krul/Glaive
Highest Tier: Simply Amazing
Wins: 375+

Elandriel
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Frostglaive » February 9, 2015 8:30pm | Report
The new internal cd on the pings so to speak is 2 at a time then there is a short time where you cannot ping anymore. Ive enjoyed the ability to not be ping spammed anymore. For a team working together 2 is sufficient to get the message across.
IGN : Frostglaive
Region: USA
Main: Catherine, Petal, Kashka, Skaarf
Practicing: Adagio, Krul
Karma Level: 17
Skill Tier: The Hotness
Check out my stream: Twitch.tv/Frostglaive

Frostglaive
Quote | PM | +Rep by Aquiday » February 10, 2015 3:32am | Report
Sometimes I'll ping green without meaning to, right after closing the market and trying to exit the base at the start of the match... Don't really know why, as my fingers are nowhere near the upper right corner!
IGN: Aquiday
Main(s): Ardan, Koshka
Secondary: Catherine
Region: South America
Karma level: 13
Wins: 100+
Tier: The Hotness

"I am the Crucible and the Flare..."

Aquiday
Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved