Vainglory Forums

What's a good hero to buy that's sold in low and high tiers?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Skaine » December 4, 2015 9:43am | Report
Hello,

I'm new to moba games. This one is fun and frustrating. I've watched a lot of videos and read tons of character build guides but I still generally suck. I'm a lvl 7 and I mostly play jungle or roam. It seems like hardly anyone knows how ironguard contract works.

Is it best to avoid it until higher tiers?

It's really annoying when you've obviously waisted your starting loot on iron guard because the other guy I the jungle doesn't know how it works. In these situations is it truly waisted or can you still get your monies worth somehow? Alot of my strategy is following around the other guy in the jungle and trying to be near him when he kill something but alot of times it causes me to be the lowest level hero and I believe contributes to be getting install kiled.

I have a lot of fun playing krul when things go my way but I'm not sure if I should continue learning him or give up and focus on learning another hero. Some guides say he's for experienced players which I'm obviously not but others say no one uses him in high tiers because people know how to counter him which I assume contributes to him getting insta kiled.

I enjoy being able to jump out of the Bush and rape someone but those matches that make me feel godly are few and far between. Most of the time I feel like I'm behind on gold and as soon as I jump out of the bushes I die =/

Any suggesting for a noob friendly krul build / strategy would be awesome or I've got enough ice to invest in another hero if it's true tha krul sucks once your against folks who know what they are ****.

Thanks for the tips

Skaine
Quote | PM | +Rep by Halcius » December 4, 2015 11:08am | Report
Krul has been doing really well since the latest patch so I wouldn't give up on him entirely, but I would avoid choosing him in SoloQ, you need a good Support to keep you alive for the first 3-5 seconds in a fight, as the lowest HP warrior-type you're susceptible to getting stunned and bursted down before you can get those stacks up.

Halcius
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » December 4, 2015 12:15pm | Report
Well people are right Krul is for experienced players but experienced meaning to be good at the game and to be good at him immensely at high elo. Krul needs extreme practice at higher Elos because people know how to counter him, so you need to know how to counter counter them and put it in successful effect during matches. Yes you can continue using krul but there is a lot to learn and you should check up on some guides and videos if your going to do that. There aren't many God like kruls at higher elo but they do exist. A good hero to get could be Glaive or petal. There cheap (2000) glory and Glaive is still played high elo and petal is viable at highi elo but not as played I believe.

Yeah ironguard and support aren't seen much until a good elo because most low elo players are selfish and/or have no idea how to use/play it. I do recommend finding good people to play with or just general people you can communicate with and teach the ironguard tactic. Solo queue is a great way to practice and it's how I did but the best way to learn is to watch videos and get tips or even get mentored by experienced player. Guilds are extremely useful, and I advise getting one soon as possible.

If you don't already know, kruls meta is: Breaking point, Shiversteel, Fountain of Renewal, Crucible, Atlast Pauldron. Boots. The defence you buy is changeable (between other defence, the only other thing I would switch these defences for apart from other defences is a Bonesaw to shred armour to BP works better) but shiversteel, breaking point and boots is needed.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by rran6970 » December 4, 2015 6:14pm | Report
Well I've only played krul one or two times when hes free, so honestly idk. I'd recommend Koshka for starter tho. She is my second hero and cost only 600 glory I guess? can't remember exactly

1. she is easy to control especially in low tier, may need more skill in high tier tho but I'm not in high tier anyway, so I'm not sure lol.

2. she can play both jungle and roam quite well. She clear jungle the fastest among all jungle hero.

3. good early game and mobility. Definitely can escape most situations just careful about stun and use your ulti safely

4. if you face krul, just invade early lol

rran6970
Quote | PM | +Rep by Halcius » December 5, 2015 5:28am | Report
Koshka is a beast in this patch. Many heroes got nerfed recently while she got a slight buff so the power shift is compounded. Probably the meanest early game jungler right now. The YCF buff + any farm you stole will keep her going strong well into midgame.

Halcius
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Skaine » December 5, 2015 9:04am | Report
Awesome, thanks for all the replies.

Skaine
Quote | PM | +Rep by BlNG » December 7, 2015 11:08pm | Report
rran6970 wrote:

Well I've only played krul one or two times when hes free, so honestly idk. I'd recommend Koshka for starter tho. She is my second hero and cost only 600 glory I guess? can't remember exactly

1. she is easy to control especially in low tier, may need more skill in high tier tho but I'm not in high tier anyway, so I'm not sure lol.

2. she can play both jungle and roam quite well. She clear jungle the fastest among all jungle hero.

3. good early game and mobility. Definitely can escape most situations just careful about stun and use your ulti safely

4. if you face krul, just invade early lol

dont give him ideas ;-;
Just a Casual Player, nothing much :/

IGN: its BlNG with an L as in LAMP

Main Laner: Celeste, Ringo

Main Support: Catherine, ardan

Main Jungler: Taka, Krul

Level 20 and NOT BAD (i hardly go to ranked match)

I have SOME IDEA HOW TO PLAY KRUL

BlNG
Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved