Vainglory Forums

Which role is the hardest to learn and play?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.

Poll Question:

Which role is the hardest to learn and play?
Lane
Jungle
Roam
VOTE
Quote | PM | +Rep by Grubitsch » October 13, 2016 9:05am | Report
Which role do you think is the hardest to learn and play for upcoming Vainglory players? I think it would be roam because you have to know when to take damage, when to initiate, when to stop attacking jungle monsters, and when to help your laner.
"If you can, kill me. If you can't, RUN." -Reim.

IGN: Grubitsch/L0rdLoss/WoopPoopScoop
Server: NA
Guild: Big ***es-GTFA
Team: Steal Yo Glory- SYG
Youtube: WoopPoopScoop

Grubitsch
<Editor>
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BLG3RNT » October 14, 2016 12:43am | Report
I guess it depends honestly on how you want to approach the question. I think in the end I'd agree with you, and roam is how I voted, but I'd add to the reasons you've stated. As a roam you have to be aware of everything. Not just yourself. You have to keep tabs on your team's health in order to know when to trigger Fountain. You have to make judgement calls based on the flow of the fight. Is it time to trigger fountain, or do I wait for them both to get lower, etc. You have to watch attacks, not only coming at you, but coming at your team to know when to trigger Crucible. You're responsible for the well-being of your team. I'd liken it to being a parent. For the most part the Laner and the Jungler are like teenagers. They need to pay attention to what they are doing. A Roamer is like a parent, you have to make decisions based on what's best for the team, who to heal, who to protect, etc.

I think being a truly dominant laner also has an argument. Last hitting at a high level isn't as easy as it sounds. Watch the pro games, and listen to the analysts, and they all understand how important things like CS is. Developing the skill to continue last hitting minions amidst a team fight can be a tall order. After all as the carry the entire team depends on you as the damage dealer, and you have to keep pace or out pace the other team so that your damage output is better.

So it's a really hard choice. There are arguments on all sides. Junglers have to learn when to farm the opponent's jungle. They have to learn things like the back camps are worth more than the front camps. Having the patience to gank properly, and not just jump out in the middle of the lane and hope you cause enough damage before the target retreats.

In an odd way I think Roam is both the easiest and most difficult. The basics of roaming are easy. You don't have to worry about skill play. It's when you reach the level of learning the nuances I mentioned above that I think it truly becomes difficult.
IGN: BLG3RNT
Region: NA
Coach for Nova Esports
Imma Roam Main

BLG3RNT
<Editor>
Remarkable (44)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Grubitsch » October 14, 2016 4:39am | Report
Argue with that^^^. Someone give us a proper argument to start something(friendly). WE NEED A DEBATE!!
"If you can, kill me. If you can't, RUN." -Reim.

IGN: Grubitsch/L0rdLoss/WoopPoopScoop
Server: NA
Guild: Big ***es-GTFA
Team: Steal Yo Glory- SYG
Youtube: WoopPoopScoop

Grubitsch
<Editor>
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Lycaon » October 14, 2016 4:39am | Report
Jungling is theoretically the easiest to learn from all three. The only mechanic required to mastering a jungler depends on how well you understand their combat prowess and how to utilize their skills, from their most obvious ways to their not so obvious ways.
Junglers are the 2nd carriers in a team. Warriors and assassins typically the main junglers. Warriors are generally designed to brawl, deal through rapid attacks dealing consistent damage, while assassins are more fragile and deal large amounts of damage in short bursts of surprise attacks. They are similar to laners in that they are both designed to attack, albeit slightly smaller damage potentials and slightly more durability. Learning to jungle is like learning to sword fight. You can choose to swing your sword like a brute, or twirl it around, hacking and slashing with finesse.

Laners are difficult to learn but easy to master. Mechanics involves being able to last hit minions to get gold and knowing when to freeze or push the lane while being in constant skirmishes with the enemy laner.

Laners are the main carriers in a team. They are designed to be the ones to deal the highest amount of damage, but are relatively much easier to kill than junglers due to their lower base health. When fighting the enemy team, laners are the backliners, staying behind the jungler and roamer to avoid damage while dealing it yourself.
I am not entirely sure of how to differentiate between a mage and a sniper, except for the fact that, visually, mages deal damage in the form of magic attacks and snipers in the form of bullets and arrows.

Roamers are easy to learn but hard to master. Like chess, learning moves and knowing basic attacks are easy. Properly executing a checkmate isn’t. Mechanics involve maintaining vision, keeping your teammates alive, keeping the enemy at bay, soaking up damage dealt by both the enemy team and objectives and starting a fight. You cannot go with the recommended build path, as roamers need to analyze their situation before purchasing an item, and they always need to remember to buy items that help the team and not oneself. Roam mechanics are quite complex and mastery may take a long time. It took me days to understand the importance of a Crucible and weeks to apply it against a Koshka’s Yummy Catnip Frenzy. I have to disagree with BLG3RNT on the fact that roaming requires quite no skill play. Understanding a skill’s purpose is one thing. Fully applying its potential is harder. Novices would use Ardan’s punch on anything to simply deal damage. Intermediates would use it to catch up to an enemy hero to slow them, reposition and take down objectives. But only experts would understand how to walljump with it and use the punch to close the gap enough to Atlas a SAW from a bush while simultaneously preparing to bring down the Gauntlet.

On another note, it takes quite some sacrifice to play a roamer. I know this because I am a roam main. You have to give up the satisfaction and glory of taking down an enemy hero in exchange for assists. You will get blamed for failing to keep your teammates alive, whatever the reason, and even if it isn’t necessarily your fault.

Check out Vainglory's Joule Hero Spotlight for SEMC's role explanation. Also check out Gankstar Academy's videos on youtube. They cover quite a lot of topics

Lycaon

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved