Vainglory Forums

Who do you think is "meta" right now?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by prodigy755 » March 26, 2017 3:45pm | Report
The meta is always changing and it can actually be pretty accurate most of the time. The thing is though, it often underrates or exaggerates heroes in my opinion. The way I see it, any of the heroes can be played well in a match, it's just how well you can use them, how good your team is, and who the enemy team is that makes that hero "meta". I myself don't usually go by the meta, there are people who follow the meta to the letter and they are called "meta slaves" and im cool with that but I don't feel like the meta says the law for good or bad heroes.

"Meta" heroes just depend upon who uses them and how well they use them. I've seen many a ringo or koshka lose a match with 10 deaths. My question is, who do you think could be considered "meta"? This doesn't have to be according to everyone, just who you personally think is an effective hero who you win with all the time.

Personally I think fortress and adagio are finding places as roamers. SAW is doing pretty strong as a laner so long as he has a good team mate. Just what hero do you personally think is effective and why?

(This was just meant to be a curious and fun question sorry if i morphed it into a lecture about the meta XD)
IGN: Prodigy955
Server: NA
Role: Roam
Main: Ardan

Improvement comes from learning from your mistakes and fixing them, not just pointing them out.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
prodigy755
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by TFDeathRay » March 26, 2017 4:43pm | Report
I hope to live in a world where the "meta" is not who's broken, overpowered, or dominating, but heroes who are good in a person's hands, in other words a comfort pick.

But still, sc**w Vox

Real footage of me hiding in a bush, waiting for the 1/13/2 Celeste. Circa(2017)

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
TFDeathRay
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BlazeChron » March 31, 2017 7:08am | Report
Fortress
Those 3 wolves are real annoying
Wait, they can be used as flares?
Fortified Health on ult damn, as if he wasn't tanky enough
Free boots? AT THE START OF THE GAME!?
Team wide gap closer? uwot
PERCENTAGE HEALTH CHIP!?!? +AFTERSHOCK EVEN WORSE
Easily one of the most annoying champs right now
AND HE DIDN'T EVEN GET CHANGED AT ALL IN THE NEWEST UPDATE D:
If you win, you live
If you lose, you die
If you don't fight, you can't win
A Taka on Kaiten XD

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
BlazeChron
<Editor>
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Blissey123 » April 6, 2017 4:06pm | Report
Okay these are the heroes that I think are strong now.
Vox
Ugh. Kill Vox as much as possible early game, so he would lose his farm. If he farms well, late game is ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Lance
Lance is one of the best Roams. This update he is still strong and viable and annoying.

Bursty heroes
Heroes that are dependent on attack speed are not the best now because of the nerf(well except Vox). Bursty heroes are going to shine this update. Yay, Kestrel, Celeste, Skaarf, ect!

Lyra
Carry Lyra in NA championships work so freaking well! She is very storng still, because they wouldn't use her if not!

Catherine
When bursty heroes rise to power, Catherine comes to take them down. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh.

Gwen
CP Gwen is very strong right now. Going to buy her.

I guess that's it?
IGN: Blissey123
Hero mains: Lyra, Catherine, Koshka, Idris, Celeste, Kestrel, Flicker,Celeste
Heroes that I am good at but I don't have: Joule
Practicing: Kestrel, Celeste, Vox, Idris
Tier: Worthy Foe Silver
Best Heroes: Lyra, Catherine, Idris, Kestrel, Koshka, Vox, Celeste

Blissey123
Notable (17)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved