Vainglory Forums

WHY PETAL WAS RUINED?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by MAXTOR » October 12, 2015 9:21am | Report
I just want to ask, if anybody has felt that PETAL was completely ruined with the last upgrade? Why the developers did, this to one of the best characters of the game, can anybody could joijn me in this issue? Or is just me who is compleining about this???

MAXTOR
Quote | PM | +Rep by ShadowDust » October 15, 2015 7:27pm | Report
No, you're not the only one who thinks that. I used to be an avid petal player, probably one of my favorite heroes pre-1.9 update. Then, 1.9 update happened and I think it completely ruined her. Her first two abilities are horrible. I hate that you can't stack the number of seeds and I don't like that her munions spawn on their own. Back to the stacking, it doesn't make sense that we can't heal the munions or have a little mini-base of healing seedlings. Then don't get me started on her second ability... Why. Just why. It doesn't make sense that her second ability is solely an escape plan. Be never seen an effective petal since the update. Honestly I feel that this new petal is just a liability to your team.

Maybe petal just needs heavy duty practice, but as for me, I'm keeping her on the shelf until the next update.
IGN: ShadowDust
My Playable: Koshka, Joule, Celeste, Lyra, Catherine, Ringo, Vox
Working on: Kestrel, Fortress, Saw
Skill: Fluctuates
Server: NA

[Note: I'm always looking for new teammates and the heroes I work on depend on the rotation (I don't own all of them just yet)]

ShadowDust
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MAXTOR » October 18, 2015 10:51am | Report
Ohhh My God, So, I'm not the only one who feels, that this was the worst update ever??? People please come and tell me posible solutions , or effective builds, because this is a completely disaster....

MAXTOR
Quote | PM | +Rep by cC8. » October 19, 2015 4:13am | Report
Petal is effective against non-AOE laners only. I find the biggest mistake people are making with her is mistakenly thinking she is a lane character - read the description. she is jungle. with no speed or range she can barely last hit at all, which means every second you are there the enemy laner is gaining on you and passing you in levels. if you can find a catherine who will roam her through the jungle and build up crystal and attack speed, youve got a chance.

so if it's saw or celeste or even joule on the enemy lane, petal is no good on the lane. saw is especially bad because he gets stronger with each munion kill so no amount of jumping is going to save you. if they show up on the lane, run to the enemy jungle and kamikaze that thing until your teammates are sufficient level to come help you. yes you are delaying the inevitable loss, but at least youve got 1/3 chance of surviving to the kracken this way, and you picked the most wrecked hero in the game, so you just gotta be creative.

cC8.
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by dream21 » October 19, 2015 4:39pm | Report
Petal is useless and utterly broken.
They NERFED her CP and skills and ult while giving her the new kit.

She has been broken for a long time now, and maybe I'm salty since I mained her back when she was considered "OP" and she's been the joke of a hero ever since they nerfed everything she could use, and her munions are so easily taken out with any AOE damage she is handicapped by that when the munions are supposed to be the focal point of her as a hero. Instead she's useless to her team.

They nerfed her RANGE for crying out loud she was SUPPOSED to have the longest range out of all the heroes, and now she doesn't.

They better fix her next update. I'd rather have her old kit if I'm honest. They need to give minion candy back, and make shiversteel effective on ranged heroes since she still doesn't have a legit gap closer. Her B is useless and her current A you can't even use the seeds to heal since you walk two inches away they vanish from existence.

She has been useless for a long time, and even then I could at least work with her, but they destroyed everything that was her. She's basically a new hero now. Just weaker than before.
IGN: dream21
Region: NA

dream21
<Editor>
Notable (6)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved