Vainglory Forums

WHY RINGO WHY

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » October 27, 2015 1:32pm | Report
so I just had a game where a lane ringo built these items in this order:

clockwork
contraption
boots
bonesaw
breaking point
metal jacket

like is this a troll build or what? If this is actually a legit build it'll make me feel better but we could've won if he build different items. I'm just soo angry right now. I was a catherine and got 13 kills. 13 kills to ringo's 5 kills. our rona had 10-15 kills.

Maybe if he didn't get a breaking point we could've won because we had a fed crystal skye, a fed weapon ringo, and a fed fortress that always bursted ringo down. If he just build more defense instead of contraption MAYBE

just that thought of maybe makes me angrier

anyways i just came here to calm down but please does ringo's build works? if it does then i guess he isn't trolling because it worked for him
Current Tier - The Hotness Bronze

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/recruitment
I had trouble finding it at first too :)

And I swear it's not a RickRoll(or is it???)
And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by EXXCLUSIVE » October 27, 2015 4:33pm | Report
I am confused as to why your angry at Ringo's build when clearly you were playing support. Maybe he felt his support was lacking in building. See the thing is too many people don't just take ownership for making mistakes. Coming here to rant and rave about someone else only puts you out there as being toxic. Im just outside looking in.
MY IGN - EXXCLUSIVE

GUILD: SENTINEL DRAGONS
TEAM: SENTINEL DRAGONS DYNASTY RED

RANK - Doesn't matter when it is Skill that counts

EXXCLUSIVE
Notable (14)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » October 27, 2015 5:33pm | Report
this is a ranked match btw

well i was going to build contraption but unfortunately ringo built it first so i decided to go warhorn because i already bought stormguard banner - there's no point in having 2 contraptions on the team besides faster mines and flares usage

i'm not saying i didn't make any mistakes throughout the game, i'm saying that i think ringo made poor decisions that could've easily been avoided from as early as the beginning of the game

or maybe he made a good one but it just didn't go his way this game. i have seen ringos with contraptions wreck teams for some reason i don't understand

which leads back to the question of this thread: is this a working build or not?

plus, wouldn't you be mad if a hero didn't build the "right" items? Like if a Celeste built weapon power or a "roam" ardan built lots of crystal power? If you win, it's cool. but if you lose...

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by EXXCLUSIVE » October 27, 2015 6:16pm | Report
Interesting question.... When paired up with randoms during solo missions like ranked then the risks are there. To be honest an average player will understand how to build but no know what to build in regards to synergize properly with the hero and also work for the team as a whole. The only communication with randoms are tactical pings and who now listen to those if their knowledge of VG isnt extensive. It looks like ringo was looking out for himself based on the build. Only Ringo would be able to say why they build..........
MY IGN - EXXCLUSIVE

GUILD: SENTINEL DRAGONS
TEAM: SENTINEL DRAGONS DYNASTY RED

RANK - Doesn't matter when it is Skill that counts

EXXCLUSIVE
Notable (14)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » October 27, 2015 6:18pm | Report
EXXCLUSIVE wrote:

Only Ringo would be able to say why they build..........

this gave me chills

(sorry to go off topic)

i apologize if i seemed toxic before - i was just really frustrated and couldn't handle it

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by 0ki7o » October 28, 2015 11:12am | Report
I've also had teammates in ranked like this as I was supporting. One time a carry krul (he did pick 'jungle' in the selection menu) that straight got tier 3 boots and contraption, then warhorn. Another time, the lane skye (carry) got ironguard, warhorn, and tier 3 boots, first. In both cases, they had no clue what they were **** and died countless times pushing too far and alone. I don't get how anyone in tier 6 can be this clueless, but it happens.
Server: NA
Guild: Apocalypse Guild
Main: Ardan(S), Skye(L)
Practicing: Skaarfungandr, Blackfeather, Krul
Tier: Hotness

0ki7o
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by mrapsinker » November 5, 2015 7:55pm | Report
Well this is just my personal opinion and in no means the end all for VG tactics. From what I've read it sounds like he kept getting ganked by a WP Taka/Joules/Rona. Part of the reason he was getting ganked could be from him over extending trying to push the turret without support the second which is common as well is the support not laying down enough mines not only on their side of the jungle next to the lane and around the Kraken area but also the far side of the bush where people like to gank from. So that would explain the contraption as far as the clockwork the early parts of that tree give a lot of mana regen which in some ways is kinda needed if the other team is pressing the lane with 2 or more people and he is constantly having to spam his skills so he doesn't overly depend on the jungle to assist him and end up hurting them because of the down time in farming minions. It would also shorten his CD's which for him isn't super important, bonesaw is usually in a Ringo build as far as I know usually with a crit build. By the time you hit endgame you usually need a defensive item if your a laner or you will usually just get crushed against a heavy WP hero's. Also you can never have enough mines/flares, being able to know where the enemy is at all times can lead to huge play's and avoid huge game changing blunders.

I faced a team in Solo Q earlier today I was playing Catherine and we had a ringo and a Koshka. The score was 35 to 20 and we still ended up being able to pull off a ACE which ended up leading to the win and that was only possible because of the amount of mines we had laying out there in the jungle and even in the lane. I had a contraption and the other 2 were also buying mines and placing them everywhere! it was pretty crazy.

mrapsinker
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by KuntFu » November 6, 2015 4:15am | Report
If you are support and don't put contraption mines in the lane bushes, that's a no no. Regardless, there is always a point to two contraptions : major harassment. Don't underestimate two or even all three having contraption. As I said in another post, I have not lost a single decentish ranked with the hat. Build and while I'm too scared to do it now, picking up kills on traps alone and knowing where they are constantly gives you a a definite advantage. Provided you can farm well. But once you have them it's easy to steal farm.

When I play support ( Catherine) I always, always get contraption. Vision is important, if not at least to prevent tanks and farm stealing.

Other then that, seems Skye and fortress with the mobility they have scared him into the tier three boots fast. By the sounds of metal jacket, you were against wp?

Yeah, seems like he was feeling very lonely, to be able to get that build. Only thing I don't get is his breaking point, guess he felt he could pop off a few stacks from far and go in for the kill. Shouldn't have to do that.

KuntFu
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » November 6, 2015 5:20pm | Report
@KuntFu I read a story once where one team had scout traps covering their entire side of the map. It wasn't pretty for the enemy team.

Too bad in Patch 1.10 they made it so you have to share mines if there are multiple contraptions on your team.

And don't worry guys I placed mines in the lane bushes, tri-bushes, Gold Mine, Shop Bushes, and Minion camps(the healing one nearest to the shop).

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved