Vainglory Forums

Why the Hell did i drop a Skill tier after winning 4 then losing 2

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by MrMcgibblets009 » June 16, 2015 5:24pm | Report
I have a serious question that is has been pissing me off lately. I have been keeping track of my win to loss ratio to see why I drop, but what blows my mind is when i advance from hotness bronze to silver. I then win 4 straight and when i think i am going to advance to gold soon, I lose back to back matches, one due to a hard fought match but the other because one of my teammates AFK'd and then all of a sudden I drop to bronze? Can anyone explain why the hell that is?

Thanks!

IGN: MrMcgibblets
Skill Tier: Current Bronze- Highest Gold
Main: Ringo/Taka/Ardan

MrMcgibblets009
Quote | PM | +Rep by TheBenFNC » June 16, 2015 9:56pm | Report
Skill tier progression/regression isn't based on your win/loss ratio; it's based on your elo (a ranking system often used in various games).
Winning a match against a team with higher elo than your own team's will grant you more elo for the win, whilst losing against a higher elo team will cost you comparatively less elo. Likewise, winning against a team with lower elo will award you with a smaller amount of elo, but losing against a team with lower elo will cost you a larger amount of elo.

Also, if that's your signature at the bottom, you're missing out on your skill tier; bronze and gold applies to every tier.
From the context of your post, I know you're in The Hotness, but that won't always be clear.

TheBenFNC
Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved