Vainglory Forums

Why were the "Classic" skins renamed?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.

Poll Question:

What do you think about the renaming of the Classic Skins?
It's Awesome
It Sucks
I don't care
What are classic skins?
VOTE
Quote | PM | +Rep by CrazyAsianNinja » January 31, 2018 6:00am | Report
This new update gave me a number of things that I enjoy like

1) The new UI, both in game and out of game. It'll take some getting used too... but I think that it's alright.

2) 5v5 seems to be a lot of fun... currently can't cast much judgment right now as I've only played a few games.

3) Skin Blueprints became available for all skins... Including Special Editions... Cards Removed/Refunded for essence.

There's just one thing that just... grinds my gears.

Classic Skins got renamed again.
Skins from the original skin system got renamed. The renaming seems rushed and does not seem to have the same grandeur that the names the new skins have. The name change seems to be out of lore as well... Some examples of just terrible renaming include Paragon Catherine III being renamed to "Serpents Mask Catherine", Supersonic Skye I being renamed to "Air Combat Skye" and Killa Joule 9000 III is now "School Days Joule"...

Seriously? Killa Joule 9000 III was out for years before the first School Days skin was released.

And so, I would like to know what the community thinks. What do you guys think about the renaming of the skins?
Are you looking for a guild of people to play with?
Then join The 13th Legion!
We are a NA guild that recently went through and purged our guild of inactives, so we are looking for new recruits!

No Fame requirement
No Skill requirement
We only ask that you be active at least once every 14 days and to be respectful of your fellow guild members.

To join, send me a PM on VG fire with your IGN, and I'll send you an invite in game.

Join The 13th Legion, WE HAVE COOKIES.

CrazyAsianNinja
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Falcuneer » February 6, 2018 7:04pm | Report
I wholeheartedly agree that the renaming of the skins was misplaced. I'm a sucker for the old skin system :3, but blueprints sufficed. What didn't suffice was the renaming of the skins. Some of them are inaccurate, like you said, and aren't really creative.

I also miss the rankings of the skins. Now we have to learn a bank of skin names rather than Rare, Epic, and Legendary of just one skin name.

I guess it's all part of the change that's coming to VG. Maybe the skin system is something they can rewire in the future. Who knows?
Henry Ford: "Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently."

Hey guys! How

Falcuneer
Notable (9)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved